Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagipson

DMS Adding many sections at once

jagipson+    10
jagipson

When adding new sections DMS is adding on its own 2-3 more and they get stuck behind the other sections to remove I am forced to remove almost everything on the page to get to the extra sections. I always know when its going to happen it will have the text "Section Please Refresh"doubled please see image Screen-Shot-2014-04-15-at-3.27.42-PM.png

jmad+    80
jmad

I had this happen a couple times in DMS1 but haven't seen it in DMS2.   Do you have everything current.

jagipson+    10
jagipson
Yea everything up to date I also tried disabling all plugins
Still does it

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

What happens if you refresh the page. I have seen this with maps where it is hard to see the section but it appears when you refresh (or if you have added it twice because you could'nt see the section!) or several sections appear if you have added several

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jagipson+    10
jagipson
fasterGetMeWebDesign
After a refresh the extra sections are hiding under the other sections if it's a text box then it shows the default text 2-3 times. To remove I am forced to delete almost everything on the page because I can get to it but can see it this is costing me tons of time DMS is suppose to be

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

jagipson not seen that happen.

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jmad+    80
jmad

Have you tried clearing the cache in both DMS and your host?  I'd delete the extra sections and then try to clear all cache and see if that helps. 

jagipson+    10
jagipson
Yes I tried clearing cashe, reinstall DMS no luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign
Danny"], @[member="Simon_P"], @[member="James B"], @[member="Martin Davies will see this and help you. They will need you to 

debug the site (Site settings > Advanced > Debug Options > Enable debug > Click here)

Danny    1,327
Danny

jagipson"] - We are going to need to have a link to your site, along with DMS debug mode activated, just as @[member="GetMeWebDesign suggested above.

Also, please disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      This discussion has appeared today on the Facebook User Group and we decided to have a vote to know what the users judge more important.
      Let me know which questions you want me to add to the poll.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date