Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00ki3

HELP! After Pagelines recent update, multiple pages show one pages content!

w00ki3

www.itscorporatecool.com

My concerns are dealing with any of my pages within this parent page: http://itscorporatec...com/decoration/

If you click on almost any of the choices, the page directs to the correct page but the content is all from the Pocket Tee page I have.

This was working flawlessly prior to the update!

What can I do to fix this quick as opposed to changing it manually on each and every page?

Most current WordPress and Pagelines DMS2 installed on a HostGator Dedicated Server.

Simon

1. Please do not start multiple topics for 1 question.

2. Please clear your cache and disable it, we cant debug anything if all we see is statically cached pages.

w00ki3

1. Please do not start multiple topics for 1 question.

2. Please clear your cache and disable it, we cant debug anything if all we see is statically cached pages.

Cleared my cache in DMS.  How does one go about disabling the cache?

Simon

You have installed wordpress super cache. You need to find its settings page, purge its cache and turn it off.

w00ki3

You have installed wordpress super cache. You need to find its settings page, purge its cache and turn it off.

Done and done.  What's next?

Simon

We are still just seeing cached pages.

w00ki3

***** ******.  Now I am getting a memory error out of the blue!

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/ttycoon/public_html/itscorporatecool.com/wp-content/plugins/cool-carousel/sections/cool-carousel/custom-meta-boxes/classes.fields.php on line 501

That plugin was activated for a while before this!  Now I cannot get in there to deactivate it.

Simon

thats a 40M hard limit :/

w00ki3

Ok, got that issue resolved.

The cache plugin was deactivated and flushed many times.  What gives?

Simon

Looks like you still have the htaccess rules in place, and all the cached files still present.

This is the #1 reason why installing a cache plugin should be the absolute LAST step in creating a site, if indeed you even need it.

w00ki3

Looks like you still have the htaccess rules in place, and all the cached files still present.

This is the #1 reason why installing a cache plugin should be the absolute LAST step in creating a site, if indeed you even need it.

For some reason I do not recall installing this on my own.  I feel like it was part of another plugin that was installed...

Is there a solution?

Simon

yea delete the files in the cache folder.

w00ki3

Ok, there was only a folder for supercache but no files within it.

public_html/itscorporatecool.com/wp-content/cache

That's where I deleted the folder from.  Double checked and plugin is deactivated, flushed cache, etc.

What's next?

Simon

Whatever tablepress is its using a cache too
<!-- #tablepress-2 from cache -->

can you disable that?

w00ki3

Done.  But I just read it uses a different type of cache other than normal.

Disabled it for now.  I do need this plugin active to show prices though in the future.  Now what?

Simon

Alll those pages are using the default template, are they all linked? is the tee stuff in that template? If so they will all show the same content.

w00ki3

Default template in WordPress?  It shows as a custom (no template) in the PageLines DMS.  Where are you seeing this?

Each page was customized individually thru DMS.

Linked?  Not that I know of.

Danny

So this is only happening to child pages ?

Do you have Section cache active on DMS Pro Tools, if so, please disable it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

w00ki3

So this is only happening to child pages ?

Do you have Section cache active on DMS Pro Tools, if so, please disable it.

Just checked, Section Cache was never active.

It seems to only be affecting the child pages to Decoration... Any other ideas?  I have flushed the cache several times and disabled WP Super Cache

Danny

If your issue is only effecting one child pages of one particular page, then it could well be related to something that is on those pages such as a script or a plugin. I recommend you remove all custom scripts/CSS/LESS and disable all plugins and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, you're going to have to send our helpdesk some information, please provide following:

A link to this topic, so our helpdesk have something to reference

A link to the site in question

Your admin username and password

Make sure all plugins are disabled and DMS debug mode is active (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced)

You can send this information to our helpdesk, using the following

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

w00ki3

Danny ***** *****  I just went and attempted to change the pages one by one to reflect the correct information and now the pages show the same information from the page I updated!

I removed all custom scripts/CSS/LESS and disabled all plugins but had ZERO LUCK.

w00ki3

Danny I sent the email with all information regarding this.  How fast can this be looked at?  My site is useless in this state with all plugins and everything disabled!

greenfly

Looking at your site setup - you do not have any templates assigned to pages. Is there a reason for this?

here is a screenshot of your homepage with no template assigned http://screencast.com/t/9TqKCYHAja

Also, here is a screenshot of the decoration page - this page has no template assigned to it but does appear that you have created a decoration template http://screencast.com/t/EJFpmznoL8m

If you have created templates and assigned them to pages previously and the Caching plugin was active then this will be the reason why they are not there anymore.

If you haven't created a template for specific pages you will need to do this. Setup the pages how you want them and save them as a new template. 

You said that you had also removed your custom code but you had not published the change - i removed this for you and placed it here http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/80-tnjgou/

Your PageLines debug information is here http://itscorporatecool.com/decoration/?pldebug=1

This shows your server is running PHP v5.3 but still using deprecated functionality which should be removed or your PHP version updated 

PHP Version

PHP Magic Quotes gpc
Yes! Deprecated as of PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

more information regarding this can be seen here http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.php

Ask your host to remove this or upgrade the version of PHP.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?