Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EddieMoney

Need help with 7 items on first DMS website that is live

EddieMoney

Hi

I have my first site us using pagelines DMS and i have a few things i can not find out how to do or change.

Here is the site so far i am still workin going it

http://www.americanlocksafe.com/

#1 At the top page area how can i add in a phone number under the top business name text?

#2 How can i change the top menu roll over color i would like it to be more of a bigger change.

#3 Service feature area on home page 3 boxed areas.. How can i remove the thin line box i do not want a box around them?

#4 How can i add a devider line in i do not see a drop in for this.?

#5 Bottom footer area the text is black how can i change it to white or another color?

#6 On the news page/blog why is my title showing up all over the place i only want it to be at the top of the page not on top of everything??

#7 How do i create the 3 service area like i have on the home page on other pages as part of the page when i go into the page edit mode i see no drag and drop items i wanted to use this format on a few pages??

Thanks

GetMeWebDesign

#1 - add <br>telephone number: 123-456-789 after the Title

#2 - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33811-navi-change-hover-state-and-current-menu-item-background/?hl=menu

#3 - Use your Chrome developer to identify the section and use similar instructions to here http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33969-how-to-remove-image-clip-border/?hl=bord

#4 - what and where?

#5 -  the blue section:

#pl_areau44843 {
  color: #FFF;
}

the red section
#footer {
  color: #fff;
}

#6 - I think you have entered the title in to the Standard Options > Title ? If so, clear it and that will remove the duplication

#7 - in your canvas area editor nav, on of the buttons, next to the delete 'x', is a clone button. Clone this section and name it 3 buttons or something :) When you want to add it to another page, look for Add to page > Custom and then drag you custom section. BEWARE Any changes you make to it will be global to that custom section. If you want to make changes, then 'unlock' the padlock on your new page and make your changes... want to save this as a new custom section, then save as before and add a bit of description to it so you know which is which. (If in doubt with any section in the 'Add to page' area... click it and it will expand with its description

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

EddieMoney

I can not get the code to remove the thin lines

#3 - Use your Chrome developer to identify the section and use similar instructions to here http://forum.pagelin...border/?hl=bord

#5 -  the blue section:  can not get this to work what place do i put this in i tryed 45 places and did not work?

#pl_areau44843 {
  color: #FFF;
}

the red section
#footer {
  color: #fff;
}

GetMeWebDesign

#5 - You should be adding the code to WP admin > Pagelines > DMS Fallback > DMS LESS Fallback, or in </> Custom 

#3 - will apply to all your site (assuming that is what you want, otherwise you will need to reference them individually...

.column-boxed {
    border: none;
}

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

greenfly

Do you need any further help with anything further on this? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"