DMS 2 Parallax Scroll Distance

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew a way to set how many px the parallax image will scroll by.

For example, lets say my section is 400px high and my image is 600px high, currently when scrolling you will see the 100px above and below, but I want to limit the parallax effect, so it is more subtle, and you only see say 20px above and below.

I hope that makes sense, thanks in advance

Hi Chris,

What version of DMS are you using, as this shouldn't be happening. Can you provide a link to your site so we can see the problem first hand please.

Thanks Danny, it's not a problem, it's working how it should be, I just want to try to customise the effect slightly to make the parallax effect more subtle.

This is the work in progress:

However, the section at the bottom with the map background is set to parallax, but is not working - any ideas on that one?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Parallaxed options - what is the difference
      By Jesper+
      When i add a background image in a section i can choose 3 different options for parallaxed images - but i can't find any documentation on it.
      Parallax background image
      Alternative parallax background image
      Improved parallax background image
      What is the difference between these 3?
    • Parallax Is it ever going to be fixed?
      By jmad+
      On my site, madskydesign dot com I have the parallax option checked but there is no parallax effect happening.  This has been a problem for ages.  Is it ever going to resolved?
    • Translate Content on Scroll
      By thwarted
      Folks,   We're adding the finishing touches to an iBlogPro v1.2 site and have come up against a small issue with the Translate Content on Scroll style for Canvas Areas:   [Canvas Area] > Area Styling > Scrolling effects and sizing > Translate Content on Scroll   It creates a pleasingly modern appearance BUT when the browser is windowed and set wider than it is tall, the parallax effect causes the Canvas contents to fade and become obscured by the next object down the page moving up when you start scrolling. Even when the browser window is made taller, the object below begins its transition up the page far too early, leaving the bottom part of the Canvas always obscured and never visible.   I was wondering if this effect had any UI properties or other configuration? I don't mind editing the code that makes it work, but would rather have some pointers from you guys first.   (Incidentally I have no way of knowing precisely what version of DMS I'm using. Is there an 'about' page detailing everything I have installed? I've seen plenty of references to DMS 2 but the only version I can find by looking at the theme entry is iBlogPro v1.2.)
    • Disable Parallax in Rev Slider
      By kulmetehan
      Hey guys,
      Does anybody know a way to disable the parallax effect in a revslider? Can't seem to find it out.
      Or do you maybe know a full width slider that actually does the same but without a parallax?
      *Extra question: Is there also a way to disable the "timeline effect" in the revslider?
      Thanks in advance!
    • Parallax on mobile?
      By frakture
      Hi there, I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing in order to enable a parallax image on mobile devices? The page in question is, and it is the image with the bots on the top. Thanks!