Sign in to follow this  
mortgagicity

Change Link on Header to different url

mortgagicity

How do I change the link on a custom header image to direct to a different site. I have been trying to find the answers for a couple of hours now but have not found an easy explanation for me. I am just looking to change the image link on the header to a new site. Or preferably to have the left half go to one site and the right half go to another site. I am using the iBlogPro theme and am very new to using this and WordPress. If you could please give me very detailed instructions on how to do this it would be appreciated. Thank you, Kurt

mortgagicity

Hi I have posted a request under the support forum to find out how to change the link in the header and have not had a response yet. Goal: to have the banner link change to http://verico.ca/ and open in a new window/tab, instead of just to yourcommunitybroker.com. I am using the iBlogPro theme. I have read through everything I can find and have not been able to make this happen. Except I know that when I use Firebug, I can find the location of the code that needs to change, and I know that when I change it in Firebug it links as I want it to.... Now my problem is that I am unclear as to how to find the proper css file to modify on the server, I am in the File Manager and can see the files but I don't know which file to change. If you could please let me know where the file is that I will need to change, and the change in the code that I will require to make this happen that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kurt

nett-ed

The file you're looking for is header.php in the iBlogPro theme directory. On line 65 this is what you're going to have to change

<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>

Replacing it with the url you want to navigate to instead. Keep in mind you're going to have to revisit this if there's an update to the theme which will most likely overwrite the header file and you'll have to redo the customization.

mortgagicity

Thank you for your help! this worked like a charm.