Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eowaden

Template problem

eowaden

Hi. I´m doing a new blog and i have 1 problem with the post template. I have one template for all posts. I ´m using rev slider and i would like to use diferents images for every post. I´trying to unlink the template before i select or upload the image on rev slider, but all posts change the image and i don´t know how can i configure the template for specifics images every post.

Thanks for all,

GetMeWebDesign

Is the revslider in a locked/custom section? If so, any changes made to it will apply globally wherever that section is placed. You need to unlock that custom section, fi you want to make changes to it. The section will remain, but it content will no longer be locked to the initial custom revslider.

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

eowaden

Hi and thanks for the answer... but i have the same problem. I unlocked the template section but the conection is stablished with all posts. All changes affect all posts locked or unlocked.

All posts have on the template area loop post, 1 sidebar and 1 ibox. I need the same structure for all posts and i have locked doing the structure, but i unlocked the section when i need to change for example name and text for ibox. The problem is the changes affect all posts and i don´t know if it´s a bug or i don´t understand how to do it.

Pd: sorry for my english.

GetMeWebDesign

eowaden Posts are special in that it is the same template selected by WP each time. If it is a question of hiding something on a particular post, then activate in WP admin >Pagelines Pro > Allow hidden sections. In that way you can dictate what appears on which posts, assuming that all are fairly generic (same). Although rather clumsy, one way it to add 2 or more sections that apply across the board for posts and hide/display as appropriate.

I havent tried this, but you might be able to get around this by using custom post types?

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!