Sign in to follow this  
kitty73

how can i add a link to my blog in my pages nav bar?

kitty73

Hi I'd like to add a 'blog' tab to my pages nav bar - apologies in advance if I am being thick, but any info on how I do this would be much appreciated. Many thanks

nett-ed

You could create a custom menu from Appearance >> Menus and add a custom link for your blog. Simply select the menu you created as the primary navigation and the theme will pull up that menu instead.

kitty73

Custom menu is a nightmare as I want to keep adding content and it doesn't seem to allow children/grandchildren. I just want to add a link on the end of the blog. Also I don't know what the url for my latest blog is (home default is a page)? Can anyone help me please thanks kate

Anthony Luth

well it does allow for children/grandchildren. If you havent changed where the home page is, then its `index.php`

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

cmlstudios

First create a page you want to use as your menu item. I call mine "News" but you might call yours "Blog". This is just a placeholder so no need to build any content on that page. Then go to the Wordpress Settings menu, and under Reading, tell it to use a static page for Posts, choosing your News/Blog page you just created. Hope that helps. Chris

kitty73

Thank you so much Chris - works perfectly!!