Sign in to follow this  
wjordan

Feature Text Dimensions/Layout

wjordan

2 Questions: 1. How can I get the text in my feature to use the entire height of the box? 2. I have an image that is not the full length of the box. How can I have it placed further right with the text remaining on the right. Thanks.

michaelmiles

For item 2, I have the same situation. I used adobe photoshop (any editor will do though) to add the necessary pixels to the left of my image. rOGOx.jpg For my layout, it made sense to fill in the new blank area with a black fill, then I did fade effect between the black and image. The text then fits right on top: nKXCL.png I'm not sure I understand question 1 though, the more text you put in, the more it fills from middle to top and bottom....hmmmmm

michaelmiles

mistaken 2nd post, disregard (can't delete this)

cmlstudios

You can take out the padding at the top for the right and left text positions; it does not appear to affect the bottom-positioned feature text. Add this code to your Custom Code tab, and change 40px to a smaller value to move the text up.

#feature_slider .fcontent .dcol-pad {
	height:270px;
	padding:40px 30px 20px;
	}

bryan-hadaway

Does anyone still need help with this or is it resolved? Thanks, Bryan

wjordan

Sorry, I'm a bit of a beginner...where would I find the Custom Code Tab? Also, it doesn't seem to be doing it with any of the other features. Will this code affect just this one? or all of the features. Thanks again.

cmlstudios

Walker, The Custom Code tab is found on the Platform Pro Theme Options page (i.e., click the Platform Pro menu item in your Wordpress Admin panel). About three-fourths the way down the list of options. On the Custom Code page is a section called "Custom CSS" where you paste the code shown above. This code will affect all features with left-side or right-side text. Bottom text should not be affected. Chris

baskling

Hmm... is it also possible to make the content area in the feature bar larger, so I can stuff in some more text? I've allready downsized the font size but it's still not enough