Sign in to follow this  
jimanderson

Exact Size of Feature Photos?

jimanderson

What size does a photo need to be to fit in the Pagelines feature box when I upload as a feature post? Is there an optimum resolution so that it is not too big and loads fast and is of good quality? I am talking about the long horizontal one with the transitions and the buttons on the bottom.

bryan-hadaway

610 x 340 pixels For web standards, 72dpi is acceptable, however the average monitor is 96dpi so you may design a bit heavier graphics at 96dpi. It can often depend on your users, are they tech savvy? Then you can get away with a lot more. Thanks, Bryan

jimanderson

Thanks, but I am confused. If the with of the website site is 960 and the feature box is the same why is it 610? If I go to Platform Pro>Setting>layout ... it says 960. I set the size to what you said it did not work.

Anthony Luth

Thats because of the descriptions and everything that appear next to the feature image. The image itself is smaller than it to allow this.

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

buzzdeep

This reminds me of..how can we change post thumbnails size?

jimanderson

Anthony, "Thats because of the descriptions and everything that appear next to the feature " as you stated is not very clear. When I look at the Platform Pro Website as an example then I see that the words and descriptions are actually on top of the fotos. So this means the fotos are the full width of the webpage which is 960, right?

cmlstudios

My images are 960x260 (I changed the height to suit my design). You need to be mindful of how you want the text to overlay it, so leave "copy space" (in design-geek jargon) as you build the image, whether left, right, or bottom. Using the smaller images will allow the background to show through, I believe, but I have not done that myself. Chris

bryan-hadaway

960 x 330 pixels for PlatformPro 610 x 340 pixels for all other themes Thanks, Bryan

paulvandrunen

Where can i change the height of the feature box. I want it to be less high?

peters_publishing

You should really take down the answer up top that says "610 x 340 pixels." I just bought a photo to fit that size, only to find out that 960 x 330 is correct.

ibeehappy2

960 x 330 pixels for PlatformPro ... Does that 330 include the gray bar and icons at the bottom?