Sign in to follow this  
suzannecarver

Twitter Integration and content question

suzannecarver

Hello, I changed the name of my twitter profile and I added the new url, however it is not refreshing. Is there a fix for this? Second,on my landing page there is a content area that I did not choose to have and cannot figure out how to omit from this page. It says 'nothing found' and has a search window. I would like to get rid of this please. http://riversidevillagepub.com/wordpress/ Thank you so much.

Andrew

May be cacheing the twitter feed? what do you mean it's not refreshing? As for the landing page; you are using your blog page with no posts? I would use a page template for this... (set it up under 'settings' > 'reading')

suzannecarver

On the twitter feed I have added the new url and I had changed the profile name of my pre existing twitter account so I needed to refresh it for the new name. It is not grabbing it. On the page template can you give me directions on how to change this.

Anthony Luth

and did you do the URL or just the twitter name in the settings?

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

Andrew

Suzanne, Agree with Anthony, you didn't need the url for the twitter feed option.. just the name. The full url is for the header icon. Live link if it's still not working.

suzannecarver

It asks for 'your twitter profile URL' that is why I put it there. Is there another area that I am too add just the name? It asks for the URL in 'Header and Nav' area

suzannecarver

May I still ask about....# Second,on my landing page there is a content area that I did not choose to have and cannot figure out how to omit from this page. It says 'nothing found' and has a search window. I would like to get rid of this please. http://riversidevillagepub.com/wordpress/ Thank you so much. On the page template can you give me directions on how to change this.

bryan-hadaway

`.home #maincontent{display:none}` Drop this and save in: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS Thanks, Bryan

suzannecarver

Apologize...for continuous questions. Can I make a page that will not have a navigation tab?

bryan-hadaway

Just one nav tab, or the whole nav menu? Either way is possible. Once you've created the page and give me the link and let me know which option I'll write some CSS for you. For future reference, create a topic with a checklist of all the changes you want to make or create new topics for different issues. Thanks, Bryan