Sign in to follow this  
tmonk15

Custom Pull Quotes

suusdesign

And what's the answer? I have the same issue, only the latest quote shows up ....

suusdesign

It is on ericdowsett.com/wp I tried and i tried last night. The thing is: the original .php works fine (@random quotes) even when I fill in Eric Dowsett as author of all quotes. Somewhere it goes wrong, when typing between the ' ' .... Copying again the orginal source makes it works fine, editing (again and again) makes it at a certain moment only showing the last quote ... even when i just use the orginal amount of quotes etc etc ... (rather time consuming, but as i cannot find such a nice quotes plugin i would really love to use yours)

Kate

To recap, for those that have tried this: you've already copied the file into your base theme, and have edited it there, correct? However, have you made sure your base theme is activated?

suusdesign

Yes, the section is in the base theme folder. The original file works fine: does what it's supposed to do. Evenry page has a random quote of the list, every quote shows up. When changing the code of the orginal file something goes wrong... it only takes the last one.

Kate

@Suzan And Base is activated, correct? Hate to ask an obvious question, but... ;)

suusdesign

Yes base is activated. The pullquotes section.php works fine. As long as i don't change text. I don't change code I only type over the aothors and the quotes. I leave the brackets, i don;t use " or ' in the quote text, i don't give hard returns etc etc. I check every time i do a change and then voila all of a sudden it only gives the last one back. I even don't add, don't copy or paste. I just use the php that works fine .... (but not when I change text between the brackets ... untill a certain moment - )

cmunns

Hey Susan, sorry you are having trouble with this...I just gave it a test and everything seems to work fine. So this is boggling me...If you change say 'Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.' to: 'Sadness is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.' it will break the whole section??

tpldrew

I actually can't find any reference to Pull Quotes in the drag and drop interface. I have:

1. Installed the base child theme Activated that theme Ensured that pullquotes is registered
I'm not even sure where to look. I went through each template layout in the Admin and see nothing. Where do I add it to the template?

catrina

The Pullquote Section is located in the Page Content Area, Posts Page Content Area, and Single Post Content Area templates in Template Setup.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse