Sign in to follow this  
cornelis

How to change widget titles pages, the latest and more in footer?

cornelis

Hi there! I want to change the widget titles in the footer area. At this moment is show "pages", "the latest" and "more". How can I change this into "Paginas" "Laatste nieuws" and "Meer"? (Yes, that's Dutch :) I tried to change the names in section.footcols.php

<h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('Pages','pagelines');?></h3>
into
<h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('Paginas','pagelines');?></h3>

However, no effect. Please advise...

cmunns

Is everything else in your theme translated? Also, hardcoding the changes should work fine as you did. Can you provide a link?

cornelis

Hi Adam, my shop is at this moment still private since I'm setting it up. 1. But can you confirm that when I want to change the footer widget titles "pages", "the latest" and "more" into something else I do have to do that in section.footcols.php? 2. And if yes, is this how it should work?

<h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('Pages','pagelines');?></h3> into <h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('[i]My new name[/i]','pagelines');?></h3>

Because that seems to have no effect... Thanks, Cornelis

onlinetracker

I thought those were widgetized. Since they aren't, I'd like to put in a request to change it to widget them in the template.

cornelis

No answer yet... unfortunately. So here I'll post it again: 1. But can you confirm that when I want to change the footer widget titles "pages", "the latest" and "more" into something else I do have to do that in section.footcols.php? 2. And if yes, is this how it should work? <h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('Pages','pagelines');?></h3> into <h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e('My new name','pagelines');?></h3> Because that seems to have no effect... Thanks, Cornelis

massl

same question here... :( I want to change the headlines into german, but where the f... I have to do this?

nett-ed

The easier approach for this would be to provide language files to the platform theme for the given language you're trying to use with your theme. Look over the Wordpress documentation related to language files here http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language You'll ultimately want to edit the the platform.po file provided with your theme in this case platformpro and export the corresponding language file (for Dutch it would be a de_DE.mo file). Here's a tutorial http://themehybrid.com/themes/hybrid/translating

cornelis

Hi Eduardo, I have changed the platform.po file, but that has no effect at al. Some parts, like the words: 'The Latest' from the footer, isn't even in the platform.po file... Cornelis

Kate

Hey Guys - I'm posting a solution in a moment... one sec. EDIT: Instead of a solution, perhaps I should just say "approach". ;) Here's what I would do: The columns that are showing up are showing there by default. If you want to change the text for them, simply use widgets. Each of the things that appears there by default can be accomplished via widgets. In order to do that, go to Appearance->Widgets. The last option will be "Footer Sidebars". Simply drag and drop the widgets that you want there, rearranging as you like. And, most importantly, this is where you can put in your own text: For title, you can enter whatever text/language you prefer. Now, I'm posting this in case others were wondering who have the English blogs as well. But, as mentioned, a translation file is probably a wise choice too. BTW: This holds true for the "MoreFoot Sidebars" as well. When you drag and rop them into a section in the "Template Setup" area, their content can be customized using widgets. (Again, the content that shows up is the default.)