Sign in to follow this  
Sourena

How can I customize the BuddyPress pages?

Sourena

I need to have two sidebars on my BuddyPress pages (member's page, Group Page, etc..) How can I customize the?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

cmunns

What do you mean? The layout editor and all that should work in the same way for buddypress pages.

Sourena

Actually it does not. For example I need two columns in the members page. I can choose a page template for a regular page, but for the "member" or "Groups" pages on BuddyPress I cannot do that because there is no specific page--visible in the Admin--to apply the template too. BuddyPress pages are created by a bunch of PHP files in the BuddyPress pack. They do not show up quite correctly in PlatformPro. I need to customize them.

alefba.us

landshark

I posted a similar question a while back. haven't had time to get back to answer the response. But these folks have pretty much made the explanation for me. I am also in the same boat.

bryan-hadaway

We'll need to use CSS, we'll need links to the pages in questions and the desired changes to be made. Thanks, Bryan

Sourena

Here are links to the pages in question. They are not in English but if you translate the pages with Google you see what sections I refer to: 1. The "Activity" page: http://kermeketab.com/activity/ It has a margin on the right that needs to be removed (It can be seen on all BuddyPress pages). The search box and its "Submit" button need to be aligned to right. 2. The "Members" page: http://kermeketab.com/members/ There are two "Add Friend" signs there. One needs to be removed.

alefba.us

Sourena

I fixed No. 1. Does anyone have any suggestion for the issue No. 2?

alefba.us

cmunns

where about on the page. Screenshots with arrows? I tried translating some phrases but it's a guessing game.

Sourena

Here is a screenshot: friendship.png The text in the circled area says: a. "The friendship request sent." b. "Add friend" * Please open the image in new window to see the full image. It is cropped in this page.

alefba.us

cmunns

I can't see it on your page, i must have to be logged in for it to show up. If you inspect with firebug does one of them have a class attached or no?

landshark

@cmunns you do need to be logged in to see it. It is the "add friend" links As well as "cancel friendship" etc. Here is what I pulled from firebug (I added the ... after the http:): `Add Friend` `Cancel Friendship` All fall under

<div class="action">

landshark

ahhh that didn't seem to work right can a admin/mod make that work?

cmunns

So I'm not sure why it's duplicating? The code above looked fine. Must be a bug with the template pack plugin. It's ugly, but you could use a CSS hack like this for the time being `#members-list li .action .friendship-button:nth-child(2n) {display:none;}`

Sourena

Thank you all. That fixed it!

alefba.us

sami_rahman

I have this same problem of two Add Friend buttons with my newly installed PagelinesPro template. I understand the answer "CSS hack" but dont understand how to do that. Can anyone give me instructions? Thanks