DMS 2 PL child Theme sections in other themes

6 posts in this topic

I have bought a few themes, and they have additional sections, 
are those sections PL theme specific, or will they work, if I change theme?

Hello @kpeter 

If you were to switch from one PageLines DMS child theme DMS  child theme you can use sections from that DMS child theme by just copying the sections from /themes/DMS/sections to the new sections folder. 

Is this what you meant?

Hi Martin,

Thank you.

Yes. I wanted to check they are not child theme specific.

So, just copy them via ftp, right?

Btw, are you working for Pagelines?

Peter Fallenius

If you're referring to one of the free child themes provided by us, which include custom sections. Then all you need to do is, simply copy the folder of the section you wish to use and then add it to your child theme sections folder.

I was thinking of the ones from, for example Flatten, but I think you answered.

They may, or may not work, and they may, or may not be upgraded...

Thank you. :)

Well I can only speak for PageLines developed child themes, you will need to speak to the developer of Flatten and ask them if you can do this.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Can't download / add sections
      By lucact+
      I can't download sections. I don't find the "Plagelines Connect" plugin so I don't know how to get any extra section/addon.
      Please, help.
    • Disapering sections
      By pehja+
      Just to let you know that once again a sections content are gone after a minor change in the theme. I have told you this before and this is just to let you know that there is a problem with DMS and sections. Any section!
      Regards Peter 
    • collapser flat - tabs disappearing
      By Rebecca Rinas
      I want my separate tabs to stay open with the collapser flat plugin - they don't show up until you hover over them. Anyone know how to make all of them visible?Thanks
    • $this->opts for another post?
      By achim
      Dear all,
      I'm developing sections with dms. Is there an option to read $this->opt() from another post?
      Let's say I use post 456 to manage some data. Now I'm in post 123 and only want to show a certain teaser according to some settings in post 456.
      Would there be something like
      $other_post_data = $his->get_section_opts_by_post_id(456);or would I need to get this myself from the posts wp_options?
      As far as I know there's not much documentation about how Pagelines DMS stores data in wp_options so it might get a little tricky finding how handle those.
    • $this->opt not available
      By achim
      Dear all,
      I'm developing pagelines dms sections. Not sure but I have a feeling that 
      $this->opt('myoption')is only available in the function scope of section_template
      I tried to use it in section_persistent but could not access the data (while I could from section_template).
      When is section_persistent called? Before the data is read?
      Is there a better way of calling a function (to make up data e.g.) before running into section_template? I'd love to have as less logic as possible in section_template.
      Thanks in advance!