Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

microsqueek

squared link opens in new window

microsqueek    5
microsqueek

I have another A.Hannson plugin problem, which I'm hoping someone can help with. The Squared plugin allows you to add links, so the image takes you to a new page. Unfortunately, you can't decide whether it's in the same page (_self) or a new page (_blank). It always opens in a new page.

Do you have any suggestions for custom code that would instruct the plugin to open in the same window? I tried modifying the PHP files directly, but didn't have any effect.

You can see what I mean here: http://dev.transitionbydesign.org/projects - the two buttons on the top left have links.

Thanks!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Look like you fixed this - how did you go about this? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

microsqueek    5
microsqueek

As far as I can tell, the problem is still there. The links still open into a new window - I want them to open in the same window. Any thoughts?

Danny    1,327
Danny

We do not provide support for third party extensions. I have moved your topic to the correct forum location. In future if you have an issue with a third party extension, please post in the correct forum.

Please search our forums, before posting!

microsqueek    5
microsqueek

Danny,

Thanks for moving it - could you give me a link for where it is now?

Unfortunately, I've tried asking the developer directly, but he doesn't seem interested in helping make tweaks to his plugins. Not a whole lot of community happening around his plugins (http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33937-squared-links/). It's why I asked here.

ahansson89    57
ahansson89

You bought the plugin as is, and cannot not expect a plugin developer to help you customize it to your specific need. This is why you are paying $20 for it and not an hourly freelancer fee on $100.

I stopped making updates to the plugin - simply because there is not enough sales on this platform to justify the time spending on it compared to creating WP only plugins.

• Similar Content

• raldendesouza
      By raldendesouza
      Hi!

I want to maintain the "Built With" Icons. But the PageLines icon have a link that open in same window. How can I configure this link to open in new window?

Thanks!
    • bwdsl247
      By bwdsl247
      How do I set iBox link to open link page in new window? 

Doesn't allow me to put target = "_blank" in the iBox link field, only the http link....

Suggestions?

Thanks!

• rachna
      By rachna
      I am unable to open my images in a new window, I am very new to pagelines. Probably something basic has been missed out.
      All images go back to a page.
      Please help.
    • microsqueek
      By microsqueek
      Hi Aleksander, quick question - is there a way to tell Squared to open a link in the same page instead of in a new one? Right now it's going to a _blank, but I don't really know how to tell it to stay _self.

I'm sure you know what I mean, but if you want an example, it's what happens when you click the top left box in the Squared section here: http://dev.transitionbydesign.org/home

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.