Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tennis Chick

Need my nav bar and header to be full-width

The Tennis Chick

Hi everyone...

I'm desperately seeking guidance in getting my header and nav bar to stretch from one end of my screen to the other - but not the content. I've got my layout set to "responsive with pixel width", and "full-width sections". I have read through the forum, and seen numerous different ways others have achieved this, but none have worked for me. I've also looked at the Pagelines CSS help section, but it doesn't cover this issue, so I'm turning to you awesome people here on the Pagelines forum. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated  :D

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm currently using the "nav classic".

greenfly

could we have a link to your site please ;) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

The Tennis Chick

it's www.justacheekychick.com ... I had it down for maintenance as I've been messing with trying to get it back to how it was before experimenting with DMS. I'm having to reinstall plugins and I have no sidebars any more, so it's quite the mess right now - no judging!  :P

Danny

The URL you provided above, isn't working for me, can you provide a correct URL please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

The Tennis Chick

Oops... My bad... Try it again http:www.justacheekychick.com  there are also "ghost" widgets in my sidebars on pages too. I removed all widgets from sidebars when I switched to DMS, and haven't put them back yet.

Jen  :D

Danny

Try the following:

#branding .content {
max-width: 100%;
}
#nav .content {
max-width: 100%;
}

However, some additional CSS may be required.

Not sure what you're referring to by ghost widgets ?

The Tennis Chick

Hi Danny...

My "ghosts" were old widget in a sidebar I didn't use before the switch. I'm changing to 3-columns now, so that's why they showed up, lol!

The header stretched, and I''l need to get rid of the white space, and I think I can do that, but I'm not sure how to center the nav bar?

Jen

The Tennis Chick

Never mind on my last request... I have "Sexy Snips", and the centering code it gave worked perfectly :-) You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!!

Danny

To center your navigation use the following:

ul#menu-menu {
text-align: center;
float: none;
}

#menu-menu li {
float: none;
display: inline-block;
}