Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SidSeg

Page getting the same design automaticaly

SidSeg    0
SidSeg

I created a page (Home) with welcome template, customise it with DMS, which is cool. When i create another page (Contact) with another template, it takes automativaly the same customization as home and if i change something on contact, home is affected with those changes, eg. if i change the menu on the NavBar componemt in home, it changes also in Contact page automaticaly.

The same happen with Ibox, share links

I attach some screens for more details

DMS 2.0.3

Hosted on Ipage

Wordpress version 3.8.2

How can i fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

atcdomainsolutions+    63
atcdomainsolutions

Did you check to see if possibly you have the elements that keep getting updated on other pages inside of the Header or Footer section?  If so, they will be updated globally no matter what page you make updates on.  I made that mistake the very first time I used DMS so I would check that first.

• Like 1

SidSeg    0
SidSeg

Thanks for your reply, i'm almost there ! But a question, this happen even on the fixed area on the top?

atcdomainsolutions+    63
atcdomainsolutions

Thanks for your reply, i'm almost there ! But a question, this happen even on the fixed area on the top?

As far as I know, if you choose to have the fixed area, that area will look the same on every page since that is a global area. 

You can HIDE the fixed header so it doesn't show up at all on certain pages but I don't know of a way to change it on one page and those changes not take effect globally.

greenfly    230
greenfly

is this now resolved?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

Good stuff - thank you for letting us know :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync Loaded Item" option in templates menu of Platform 5 to stay checked. It doesn't give me an option to save settings when I select it, and when I select it then click off the editor, it unselects. Also if I select it before loading a template, it doesn't stay checked there either.  Whats going on?
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I created a Pagelines template for a "Post type" post. Whenever creating a new post page it firstly display that template post and I have to manually change it in the scope from "All of type posts " to "Current page". 
      Is there a way to fix that? 

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a website in a dev environment at http://162.144.182.17/~uescocra.
      I want to import a bunch of products, and then have the products have a different template than the default template. 
      I also want to change the default template for blog posts.
      Before I go making changes, can I do this where the post type of "products" has its own global template, and the same with blog posts?
      For instance, in a product I might want to have a widget for categories, similar products, etc., and in the blog I may want list of the latest posts, blog categories, link to an email sign-up landing page, etc.
      Thanks.
      Rich
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?