Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

I need to replace Anyloop for DMS2

Aires

I am looking to replace the Anyloop section since it will no longer be updated by Nick so that I can upgrade more sites . I have searched codecanyon for the past 2 days but I am alittle hesitant about buying something and it not work with DMS2. Mainly what It needs to do is allow me to have multiple category listing on the same page with excerpts .

So any suggestions are welcome.  

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

Hi,

Well the best method would be to create your custom loop section. However, if you're not comfortable doing so, you could try the MiniLoops or Special Recent Posts.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/mini-loops/

http://wordpress.org/plugins/special-recent-posts/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Aires

Thanks for the suggestions Danny. I actually thought about creating a custom section but couldn't find a guide or starting point to begin. I will check out those plugins and continue looking. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires

Thanks Danny

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tiltcreative

If anyone does create a section to replace Anyloop, please let me know. I have it as a building block of one of my client's sites and can't upgrade until I can replace it with something similar.

I did discover a conflict with it with a site I am working on now - it was causing the navi section to look strange when it was activated, so I guess I need to disable it.

batman

HI tiltcreative

Are you using the Nick child theme ?

I had a similar problem with the navi section and this. 

You can use this Danny´s child theme, this work fine

https://github.com/Dannyholt/skeleton

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

tiltcreative

No I am just using my own child theme, but I tried deleting my css and I still had the problem. My navigation was showing up as if my screen was iPhone width, and my flipper items were stacking vertically instead of going across the page. When I deactivated Anyloop it went back to normal.

Aires

I also have a client site built around anyloop and currently I have not found anything to replace it. Anyloop was unique it didnt just pull the words from the content but if video or gallery was there it would show it as well. I wasn't able to get recent posts or better recent posts to display the video or gallery along with the excerpt. Anyloop could be used as separate blog page if you needed multiple blogs on one site and still have it look awesome. Nothing out there ATM  :( . And thats what i used it for on a particular site ...multiple blog pages.     

ndTgvai.jpg

tiltcreative

Yeah I really liked Anyloop. I can use posts-to-page or something like that on the back end but it doesn't have as configuration allowed. If anyone builds an alternative to Anyloop please let me know.