Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohoi

Showing Lorem Ipsum text when sharing DMS page on Facebook

ohoi    0
ohoi

I have problems setting up a DMS based page.

The problem is that when pasting the url for this page in social media (facebook), the preview picture, title and description is just some default "Lorem ipsum.." text from either Wordpress or DMS. I have not been able to sort this out, but find this in the source code:

<meta property='pl-share-title' content='' />
<meta property='pl-share-url' content='' />
<meta property='pl-share-desc' content='' />
<meta property='pl-share-img' content='' />

I do not know if this is relevant or where to edit this if this is the problem..

[attachment=2118:problems-with-preview-when-sharing.jpg]

Wordpress version: 3.8.1

DMS version: 2.0.3

Plugins in use: DMS Professional Tools, Hooker, Ninja Forms and PageLines updater.

Any ideas?  :)

Simon    247
Simon

Not a clue, the url has big green lines through it, if you want to lets us see the url and keep it secret, add it to the private url field of your profile.

ohoi    0
ohoi

Not a clue, the url has big green lines through it, if you want to lets us see the url and keep it secret, add it to the private url field of your profile.

Done.

ohoi    0
ohoi

Well.. I was able to (kind of) sort this out now. I saved my front page as a template, made a new page in Wordpress using this template and set it to be front page in Wordpress admin. Then I installed Yoast SEO and set up the correct title and description for the page. Still got some error messages in the debugger, but thanks for that link. Should have thought about this myself... It helped me understand why the wrong picture for facebook preview was shown when pasting link to the site if not anything else. That was because Facebook demands minimum 200 x 200px by the way. To sort that part out I just made a bigger logo picture, uploaded by ftp and set this to be shown in the Open Graph settings in the Yoast SEO plugin in WP admin.

Case closed  ^_^

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date