Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennyboy

TextBox Doesn't Render Shortcodes

glennyboy

Hi

Textbox seems to be the only interface in DMS to add Free HTML content and so it's a problem that it will only render the short code in the header. I highlighted issues with short codes and wpautop on DMS 1 so I'm surprised you haven't made the interface more usable on DMS2. It would be pretty easy for you to add in a true false on the 'wpautop' filter for short codes to work. Can we please sort this asap or at least let me know how to remove wpautop from selected text boxes.

Also why not a section for just pure code html/php etc that doesn't filter or render any divs (zero height etc)? That would be a useful template building block.

Thanks

Glennyboy

Simon

How much would you pay for a box that allows you to add anything?

glennyboy

I'm actually working on my own with wpautop toggle right now, but I shouldn't need to as this should be core component. I presume this is a leading question, so would your box cover pure php also?

jmad

glennyboy

I'm using HTML and shortcodes in the text box Content area and all seems to be working fine.  Doesn't even seem to be leaving extra space at the top where the title should be but maybe I removed via css.  

@Simon_P 

Are you being serious or joking?  That's a feature request that has been bouncing on the forums since DMS was released last summer.  We are paying for DMS and you guys really have released a much improved product with DMS2...I'd say an html box is a missing feature.

Simon

Yea i was joking, the textbox section is about 10 lines of code. I'm throwing together one now anyway

glennyboy

Hi jmad

I certainly can't add a short code for 'Slider Revolution' and that's one of my main uses. I'm not holding out much for other short codes though as that would be a good handle on what it can/can't do. It definitely adds 'wpautop' so it would add <p> and <br> tags like earlier versions so I'm guessing you have removed those tags in css like I have previously also.

I worked DMS1 with filter option pretty easily and am aiming to implement in the same way on DMS2 right now. As I say I shouldn't have to pay for this as per other comments above... 

jmad

Simon_P  Cool.

glennyboy  Gotcha.  I had that problem with RevSlider also.  However, after I got into the DMS2 version of RevSlider I like it much better and it seems to work more smoothly on older mobile devices than using the RevSlider Plugin.  You can see the thread where I walked through the RevSlider of DMS2 and gave some examples.  http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32137-revslider-needs-to-be-more-flexible/page-2  Just tossing it out there...

However, I still understand the need for the RevSlider plugin, especially if your client is going to want to takeover the maintenance at some point.

glennyboy

jmad absolutely, I can't use the Pagelines version as I am indeed handing over to the client for all updates outside of DMS.... 

glennyboy

well I must say that is better than my version called 'TextBlock' :-) which just toggled the waputop.

When it's done can you release please :-)

glennyboy

Just one thing... perhaps you can keep in the other bit's of the original 'TextBox' to make this a full upgrade?

Simon

other bits?

glennyboy

Yeah, title, font size, alignment, wrapper, hide on specific... etc and TextBlock display options... obviously only if they are relevant to the mode. Basically everything you have created plus those options already in place with original TextBox

Simon

I think its better without, its just a pure box, no styling. Up to you entirely what you put in it.

For every style I add, another person will open a forum topic how to remove it. If you want a text size, the use css, if you want a title use a H1. Simple.

glennyboy

well definitely 'Custom Styling Classes' + Hide on specific pages or posts

Simon

the hide stuff is part of pro tools and the styling classes are added to every section automatically

glennyboy

ah ok... 

I'll look forward to this being available... 

jmad

Excellent.

Simon

Its available now, in my-account.

glennyboy

Already one of my favourite sections Simon_P - great work and thanks for sharing.

The only thing I perhaps would have added was section padding (as the element defaults with padding), but other than that it's really useful. I hope this will become a core element that is further enhanced moving forward.

Simon
You can disable the padding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Similar Content

• balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi,
      I've got a client on a DMS ver. 1.1.9.1 site. Using WP 4.5.2.
      The site is clean from malware. And I've replicated the below problem with all plugins off except for DMS Pro Tools
      Here's the page: http://choralartsensemble.org/support/sponsors/
      When a textbox or column with textbox on the page are deleted, upon save and refresh one or more textboxes in the header and footer loses its content. This is a repeatable occurrence. 
      Can you please tell me how to fix this so it does not happen again? 
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      I have a problem with the regular textbox in pl5, in this case, the text goes in that container, but it will hide som of the text, as if the container itself won't fit?
      Is this some kind of bug or have I done something stupid, never happend before with pl5 doh, can I do something smart about it?
      Version: Version 5.0.108
      Look here: www.gastronova.co56.se

• clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?