Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

"Format" function - post

jane

Hi,

In this post, I checked "Gallery" under format and "Would you like to turn your gallery into a slider?" however it didn't do anything once the page was published.

I was expecting my images to be turned into a gallery but it didn't happen. Does this function not work?

GetMeWebDesign

Have you inserted a gallery into your post (WP Content/loop)? If so, then leave the box unchecked/checked (it makes no difference) and ensure you have selected the "Post > Format" as "gallery". The top of you posts will have a slider 'active'. If you select a different format, then ticking the box seems to make no difference, even if you choose gallery as one of your 'screen options'.

Default is to place the slider at the top of your post, no matter where you put the gallery within your WP content

If it isnt working then perhps you need to de-activate your plugins and see if there is a conflict

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jane

Hi GetMeWebDesign, thanks for your suggestions. To answer your question I did insert the gallery into my wp content/loop. I did what you suggested and there was no change. I deactivated my plugins and there was no change. Now sure what's wrong with this feature

GetMeWebDesign

Do your posts work for other formats? Perhaps you have a bit of Custom or Pagelines CSS interfering? I ask that, as you have a <section class="post-meta fix post-nothumb  media">. That could be interfering with the way Format works?

Can always step back in time and use NextGen... tested on DMS2 and works. Otherwise you are going to need Danny"] or @[member="Simon_P to have a look. Apologies in advance that I dont really have time to look through all your script and see if I can work out why it isnt working :(

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

batman

Hi jane

The Nextgen Gallery is a good plugin like wrote GetMeWebDesign

Other option, If you want something like this

http://distanciafocal.com.ar/tu-foto-como-cabecera/

You can install the jetpack and use the carrousel

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

GetMeWebDesign

batman. Not tried Jetpack... looks great on a PC and tablet. Mobile? only through resizing browser, but a bit disappointing... maybe you might want to look at your settings? 

batman

Thanks GetMeWebDesign

I will take a look to my configuration, 

:geek:

you give me time, you remember that I´m a "bat learning"....

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

GetMeWebDesign

batman"]... you are learning a lot pretty fast. Whenever anyone is in peril, @[member="batman is never far LOL

Danny

Your issue is that you must be using the Legacy PostLoop options, which gives you the look you have at the moment. If you use the new Loop instead, your Gallery post will look like our demo's.

http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/gallery-post/

Please search our forums, before posting!

jane

Thanks batman"] and @[member="GetMeWebDesign"] for all of your suggestions. I wanted to avoid using another plugin so @[member="Danny 's message was helpful in narrow down the problem with having the legacy postloop enabled.

Now that means that I have the author avatar which I didn't want...that being said, I'll just have to work with it if I want the Post Format options.

Thanks again everyone for the continued support

GetMeWebDesign

jane Covered here http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33645-remove-author-avatar-and-karma-link-in-dms2-wp-content-loop/ and http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33909-remove-author-avatar-move-thumbnailfeatured-image-to-text-and-erros-message-less/

However, batman had neater code than mine

.metahead {

display: none;

}

Remove the padding

.multi-post .pl-new-loop .hentry {

padding-left: 0px;

}

jane

Thanks GetMeWebDesign for these links and code! I'll give them a go.

Thanks again!