Modal PopUp Embedding Video into Modal

3 posts in this topic

Dear PageLine forums,

I just purchased the Modal section for my site.  I'm trying to embed a video into a modal pop-up that appears without a button. How do I do this?  I've been looking for hours and can't find the right way to do this.  I guess a better question would be where do I even begin to edit the code on the site (since I don't know how to use hooks/don't know what hooks are).Here are my questions summed up I guess:

1. How to embed video into a pop-up modal (that doesn't require a button
2. How to stop the video from playing when modal is closed (I know this has to do with clearing the src in jQuery)
3. How do I use hooks/What are hooks....or how do I edit the actual code of the site (beyond the DMS editor's "Custom CSS" tab)

Thanks for your help!

Hi there - i have moved this to the product support forum so the Dev can advise on this for you. I will Let Chris know i moved this here for you. 

With Regards hooks - please see the support documentation relating to hooks

Hello, there you embed videos the same way you would with anything else. Just copy and paste the embed code in the PopUp body, or into a page if you have a page selected as the source. There isn't any special code built in that stops a video from playing if the modal closes. This is the same with all Bootstrap modals across the board. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DMS 2 Won't save Custom CSS
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • Custom CSS VIA FTP
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • Can I remove the play button that appears on canvas area background images on mobile?
      By crose+
      I am using the Canvas Area section at the top of my site. I have a video playing in the background, which works really well on desktop. But on mobile video doesn't play without user interaction, so I have a static image in place as an alternate image. However when viewed on a mobile device there is now a play button over the static image that does nothing. This didn't use to happen so I imaging it is due to an upgrade. But this is really bad UX. Is there a way to remove it?
      Here is the site:
      Thanks in advance.
    • DMS 2 Navbar menu repeats in hamburger mode
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please? 

• [Solved] Site is messed up when DMS editor is turned off
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having a strange issue with a site I'm building. I thought it might have been a server issue, so I moved it to one I know works and it's still messed up. Basically when I have the DMS editor on it looks fine, when I turn the editor off everything looks wrong and I can't re-activate the editor unless I change the theme, then re-activate the DMS theme. Any ideas why this is happening?