Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kwp4petar

Embedding Video into Modal

kwp4petar    0
kwp4petar

Dear PageLine forums,

I just purchased the Modal section for my site.  I'm trying to embed a video into a modal pop-up that appears without a button. How do I do this?  I've been looking for hours and can't find the right way to do this.  I guess a better question would be where do I even begin to edit the code on the site (since I don't know how to use hooks/don't know what hooks are).Here are my questions summed up I guess:

1. How to embed video into a pop-up modal (that doesn't require a button
2. How to stop the video from playing when modal is closed (I know this has to do with clearing the src in jQuery)
3. How do I use hooks/What are hooks....or how do I edit the actual code of the site (beyond the DMS editor's "Custom CSS" tab)

Thanks for your help!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi there - i have moved this to the product support forum so the Dev can advise on this for you. I will Let Chris know i moved this here for you. 

With Regards hooks - please see the support documentation relating to hooks http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

MrFent+    28
MrFent

Hello, there you embed videos the same way you would with anything else. Just copy and paste the embed code in the PopUp body, or into a page if you have a page selected as the source. There isn't any special code built in that stops a video from playing if the modal closes. This is the same with all Bootstrap modals across the board. 

• Similar Content

• pehja
      By pehja+
      https://pehjaproduction.se/webbdesign/  Video is not showing up in Journey section. Why? I have entered this in the settings 

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have been trying unsuccessfully to center my social media bar that I embedded into an "embed" section. Regular text and links are centered based on the alignment setting of the section but I can't get the social icons to center. Any clue what CSS snippets could do the trick?
      Site in questions: www.michaelkummer.com
      Thanks
      Michael

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Jesper
      By Jesper+
      Is there a way to create modal popups? It was possible ind DMS2