Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazbags

DMS editor not loading up

gazbags

Hi there,

This is a strange issue which has had me stumped for a few hours now. I
have attempted to follow the troubleshooting guide and it hasn't resolved
itself. My website works without a problem in other browsers just not
Chrome.

I get the DMS editor loading screen and then the error message saying:

DMS typically loads in less than 5 seconds. Please check for Javascript or
PHP errors.
(Typically, slow or incomplete loading is related to plugin conflicts or
server issues.)

I have disabled all my plugins and that hasn't resolved it.
I have taken a look at the java console and it reports the following:
function revslider_showDoubleJqueryError(e){var t="Revolution Slider Error:
You have some jquery.js library include that comes after the revolution
files js include.";t+="<br> This includes make eliminates the revolution
slider libraries, and make it not work.";t+="<br><br> To fix it you
can:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. In the Slider Settings -> Troubleshooting set
option: <strong><b>Put JS Includes To Body</b></strong> option to
true.";t+="<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Find the double jquery.js include and
remove it."

However, I cannot get onto the DMS editor to get to the settings. What
changes I had done I have taken off and that doesn't help either.

I have restored the website and that hasn't fixed it. I have updated DMS
and reinstalled Wordpress. All have not fixed it.
Is there any other way of getting this fixed?

Many thanks,
Gary

greenfly

Hi Gary 

Could we have a link to your site please? 

Also

Could you create an admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello @ pagelines dot com along with a link to this forum topic and we will take a look for you

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

got your login - taking a look now 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

this loaded straight away for me. can you try this again and let us know if there is still an issue?

gazbags
Hi Martin,
Silly question but are you able to access the DMS editor?

gazbags
The issue I'm having is that I can't access the DMS editor. I can get in to the wp-admin page ok but when I click on visit site for the editor that's when it fails. I even tried on another computer and still had the same result.

Simon

Editor loaded up just fine for me, only error was a syntax error from a related post plugin.

gazbags
Hmmmm that's weird. I'll guess I'll have to scratch my head harder.

gazbags
Problem solved. I cleared browser data and that fixed it. Put that one in the weird file.

Thanks for your help.

greenfly

Editor loaded up just fine for me, only error was a syntax error from a related post plugin.

me too 

greenfly

Glad it's working - thanks for the update :) 

calinepage

Hi,

I have similar problem.

Clearing browsing data worked for me too.  I have to do it both for Internet Explorer and Chrome (every time...very inconvenient).  But, thanks.

James B

Hi Caline this sounds like a slightly different issue, do you mean to see the changes you've made on the site you have to flush the cache between making the change in chrome and then seeing them appear in IE? If you continue to have issues please open a new thread and we'll be able to look further for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?