Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Objectif-Mariage

How to load a folder of image in Revslider

Objectif-Mariage

Hello, 

Today i face a new problem  :  I wish to use revslider to show all images of folders. 

Sure, I can upload images one by one.... but i have almost 200 or 300 images ! So it will be crazy thing, and will take all the day ! :D

So i wonder if there any way to upload all images of one folder in one time ?

(I think , that maybe in going on the file generated and linked to Revslider that the CMS option modify (when you are working on one page) , it should be possible ... by adding the liste of the images with url ... : But is this file exist ? And , if Yes, what and where is it ? )

Any idea ? 

Alexandre

Danny

HI,

The RevSlider section uses the Wordpress media library, so you can upload your images there and then configure your slides to use those images. However, if you plan to use 200 images in a slider, I wouldn't recommend it, you want to keep your slider at about 3-8 slides and no more.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Objectif-Mariage

Hi Danny , 

yes , I have alreday seen this option, but each time , i need to cofigure each slide one by one ...

Why don't you recommend to use more than 8 slides ???

In fact , i want to use it for showing my portfolio (i'm photographer). 

Acutally, i use an almost similary plugin named : wp-supersized, it works well . I can tell him to take all pictures of one folder.  

BUT, i want to optimize the loading time of my website . So I think that , given DMS got a similar plugin( RevSlider) , it would be a better idea to use it . No ? 

here you can see my actual configuration (with wp-supersized plugin :http://www.objectif-mariage.fr/photographe-de-mariage-paris/photos-de-couples/)

here you can see a test page with RevSlider : http://www.objectif-mariage.fr/test2-2/

So why do you think it's a bad idea to use more than 8 slide ? 
Do you think i should continue with my actual configuration ? 

Alexandre

Objectif-Mariage

Hi Danny , 

Any idea ?

Alex

Danny

Well you can use as many slides as you like that is entirely your prerogative. However, if you visit most news websites such as IGN.com etc.. their sliders will never use more than 5-8 slides, this is due to load time and the fact that most visitors will not spend their time cycling through that many slides.

So I wouldn't recommend using 200-300 slides as for me personally that is a bit over the top.

If you're a photographer and want to display your images, you should use a portfolio section or plugin rather than a slider in my opinion, but again the choice is up to you. In regards to using a slider, I haven't encountered a slider plugin that allows you to mass configure multiple slides at once.

So that is why I am recommending a portfolio plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!