Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

search formatting?

KimAnn03

Can you please check my search in the main nav bar of my site? The formatting is all wonky.

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/?s=test

Or try it out yourself it's in the top main nav:

dev.thecosmicpath.com

Please advise.

GetMeWebDesign

Cant replicate that result. Works fine on chrome, firefox and IE 11

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

KimAnn03
I used all three browsers also and an iPhone and the background image doesn't load and all of the footer content doesn't load. You must not have seen what my website is supposed to look like? Please see dev.thecosmicpath.com then try a search and note there is no background image and footer issues.

GetMeWebDesign

This is where I dont agree and do agree! I was not searching with the word "test", but used with several other search terms and all was fine, with background and footer.

I have no idea why, but if you use the term "test", then it does render as your screencast... and locks the ability to search. 

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

KimAnn03

search "daily weather" which would be a very common search for my site.

search "horoscope" another big search for my site

It's discriminating based on the search. not all but the most important searches so far are not working.

please advise

KimAnn03

GetMeWebDesign or anybody looking into this?

thanks

KimAnn03

This is still an issue. I'm almost embarrassed to have the search option available as it looks so bad when search pages come back so ugly :/.

Again see above thread for searches where this has happened (hasn't happened apparently with ALL searches but in my experience, most searches)

GetMeWebDesign

It is possible that a plugin might be responsible, so i presume you have disabled them and cleared your cache.

I am not sure why, but for the "bad" display, the #site is using class .site-wrap, but for "good" display, it is #site .site-wrap .supersized.

Whenever there are no results, the site displays fine. However, whenever I search when tehre are results (ie searching returns a result from your site) it is bad

Have you tried assigning a template to a search results page, as it is indicating that it is 

"Bad" : <body class="search search-no-results dms pl-pro-version responsive full_width pl-save-map-on-load template-none display-full pl-res-desktop" cz-shortcut-listen="true">

"Good": <body class="search search-results dms pl-pro-version responsive full_width pl-save-map-on-load template-none display-full" cz-shortcut-listen="true">

However, assigning a template might not help, as this looks as if something else is interfering with how the site displays, when a search result is returned. Have you considered trying a search button elsewhere (ie in primary sidebar) and see if that returns the same problems? I only ask as someone else had a similar problem (which was caused by a plugin) and resolved it by using the search function outside the navi

KimAnn03

GetMeWebDesign I do a plugin test for everything and the one time I didn't do that it was a plugin conflict :/

The conflicting plugin is.....drumroll please.....DMS Pro Tools. Should I report this as a bug to pagelines and if so how?

After deactivating DMS Pro Tools the search function works well on my site.

GetMeWebDesign

KimAnn03"] Glad you solved it... and by mentioning these guys then the developers will get wind of it, I think :) @[member="James B"], @[member="Martin Davies"], @[member="Danny"], @[member="Simon_P

Though it does seem strange that only your site has shown these problems... works fine on sites i have 

Simon

GetMeWebDesign I do a plugin test for everything and the one time I didn't do that it was a plugin conflict :/

The conflicting plugin is.....drumroll please.....DMS Pro Tools. Should I report this as a bug to pagelines and if so how?

After deactivating DMS Pro Tools the search function works well on my site.

Might help you told us which one of the options within the plugin was causing this

KimAnn03

Simon_P I have no idea how I would know this. I simply deactivated it and the search worked.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?