Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gregbroxton

Add Tumblr to Socialinks Section in DMS 2

gregbroxton+    0
gregbroxton

Is it possible to add tumblr to the "Socialinks" section in DMS 2?

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Unfortunately, no as tumblr isn't supported as a social link. The simplest method would without having to use a hook or editing the section files, would be to simply copy the code provided by tumblr for their share button and add that to a MediaBox, along with others such as twitter etc...

However, I will add your request to our tracker.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

gregbroxton+    0
gregbroxton

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and adding to the request tracker.

Where can I submit other requests?

Can you offer any guidance on editing the section files?

I see the list of social media services in the functions.php, but cannot figure out how to add tumbr.

• Similar Content

• reklov79
      By reklov79+
      Hi,
      Meganav seems to have a bug if you upload a Logo with a higher resolution (which actually is useful as it looks then sharper on mobile phones). But on mobile the Logo is then larger than on a desktop. Problem is the following code in the meganav style.css. Simply the "height: auto !important" needs to be removed.
      @media (max-width: 480px) { style.css?ver=5.0.14:133 body .meganav-logo img{ height: auto !important; } } But how to achieve that? What is the standard method for customizing that? Overriding via CSS / LESS doesn't work - in this case especially because of the !important derictive used in the original CSS I believe.
      Changing the original CSS is something I don't want to do as it leads into issues when upgrading.
      Btw: I seem not to be the only one with that issue - anyhow, the solution here (not displaying the Logo on mobile) is not acceptable for me.
      Thanks,
      Volker

• abeedle
      By abeedle+
      In the description of Socialinks for Platform 5 on the Pagelines website, it says that there is an option to Disable Menu - https://www.pagelines.com/product/pl-section-socialinks/. I would like to be able to just have the social links in this section and avoid using a menu at all; however, I can't find the option to disable the menu. I assumed it would be in the Configuration section in the Editor but it just has a dropdown to chose a menu and even if one isn't selected it, inserts the main menu. I have also looked in the Pagelines settings and found nothing. I must just be overlooking it somehow and was hoping somebody can point me in the right direction!
      Thanks!
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      Has anyone managed to edit their sociallinks section so that you can add anchor text to the links and alt text to the icon images?
      If so, how? I don't mind hacking the code.
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      Has anyone been able to get the Social Media icons to show up in Impulse or SocialLinks sections?  I read the Reference and gave it a try.
      "Icons
      Enter Icon/url pairs. Format each entry on a new line, in the format:
      facebook http://www.facebook.com/pagelines
      twitter http://www.twitter.com/pagelines
      Icons are displayed to the right of the section."
      I've tried replacing "facebook" with a link to an icon.  I've replaced the pagelines Facebook link with mine.  But neither shows an icon or link.  I've also tried putting them in brackets.  I must have the format wrong.
      Can you help?
      Thanks!