Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

pagination not working

greenfly

Have you removed Pagination from your pages?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

See the pagination here on a POST. It's greyed out:

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/uploads/grey.jpg

See pagination here on a category page, it is not greyed out:

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/uploads/categor.jpg

I didn't "remove pagination per se, it stopped working so it was an empty box on the page and I removed that.

Yes I tested all plugin conflicts.

Please advise and thanks as always.

Kim

greenfly

if you can create an admin logon for your site and send the logon to hello at pagelines dot com along with a link to this topic we will take a look for you

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

Martin Davies I sent the email to hello for your review

KimAnn03

Still waiting for resolve for this

greenfly

The username and password do not work - could you resend them to us please at hello @ pagelines dot com ? 

greenfly

you have sent us a logon for your live site rather than the dev site you originally reported on. are you aware of this? 

KimAnn03
I switched everything over to live yesterday. You want dev login?

greenfly

I can take a look a look on the live site - just wanted to make sure - 

KimAnn03

I just created the exact same user login for the dev site so go ahead and use that this way if you need to undo plugins or try some settings it's no big deal:

dev.thecosmicpath.com

Danny

I haven't logged into your site, but when I view the Weekly Weather category, and use the pagination, it appears to work as intended for me.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmaxstjohn

I am having a similar issue. I have added the pagination to the top and the bottom of the page, and have limited the amount of posts to show to 5, but when i click on the second page (Page 2 or 3) it returns a 404 error? Any ideas of what could be happening?

KimAnn03

Danny it works on the category page, but on the individual posts the option for pagination is greyed out. You would have to be logged in to view the issue.

James B

On single post pages the pagination option is greyed out, this section is only used on blog/category/search pages etc.

In single post pages you use the post navi section which adds the back/next buttons to go from one post to the next - http://screencast.com/t/vCx69fULxq

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmaxstjohn

I am having a similar issue. I have added the pagination to the top and the bottom of the page, and have limited the amount of posts to show to 5, but when i click on the second page (Page 2 or 3) it returns a 404 error? Any ideas of what could be happening?

Nothing on my issue?

Danny

jmaxstjohn - Can you provide a link to the site in question and enable DMS Debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Also, try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!