Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psiencesociety

Aw Snap!?

psiencesociety

Wordpress 3.8.1

DMS 1.1.8

Since updates I am getting this error chronically!!! 

psiencesociety

Argh! all I wrote didn't post...Tech hates me today! 

Essentially this is a new site I am working on. Chrome has no extensions and there are no plug ins other than DMS tools. The only factor I can figure is I update DMS and wordpress whenever possible. This problem is new. I haven't run into it before so somethings changed to effect it this way. Today its happening working in media library and with thumbnail boxes. either trying to upload from PC or from library...SNAP,,,,time out. But its not exclusive to that. Its any action that requires refresh or loading. Its like chrome is timing out chronically and its grinding me to a halt. 

Help! 

batman

Hi psiencesociety.

Please, first you can deactivated "All" your plugins.

For example the "Salesbar" made this to me before I updated it.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

psiencesociety

Hi batman thank you for the reply...The only plugin activated is DMS Professional Tools. Should I deactivate that?

batman
Hi again, no problem
mmmh I suppose that "not" only you try to put disable all the options.
If this don´t work, please you wait for a Moderation reply.
;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

psiencesociety

I sorta guessed that DMS tools was the only one that should be left active. Thats what I am unsure about, why its acting this was as I have no plugins and no extensions. Its a complete new build

psiencesociety

It just got weird. Did some more testing. Chrome works on any other website. Now I log into my older site that is loaded with plugins (still no chrome extensions, dont use any) and it works fine with the exception of "Thumbs" under gallery section. Which by the way is where my problem sorta started. When I go into edit the thumbs to add an image, I click via media library, the images show, but in that pop up window where the link "Show" should be, nothing is there. So essentially you cannot select any image to the box. Now if I log off and log into the new site I can do the same thing, BUT I get the "Show" option, but also get the snap error every min or so after chrome locks up. 

Something else I noticed, chrome is listed 4 times in task manager even though one window (two tabs) are open. 

either way, its preventing me from working on this site at all...Help? 

P.S. Why or Why didnt you build this for FireFox...I hate chrome!!!

Danny

DMS is built for Chrome, because Chrome is the best browser, no browser can compete with its speed. FireFox simply isn't a very good browser, its resource intensive, meaning it loves your memory. If you read reviews on Google Chrome, you would find it difficult to find anyone recommend any browser over Chrome and if they do, they don't really know what they're talking about.

In regards to your issue, if Chrome is crashing, then you need to contact their support, its likely caused by either extensions or something you have installed. I recommend you uninstall Google Chrome and download a fresh copy and install it again, see this resolves your issue. If that doesn't resolve then contact their support.

Please search our forums, before posting!

psiencesociety

Thanks Danny I guess my opinion of it is a few deviations from the means then :(

Either way, it is a fresh and basic as you can get install. No extensions, nothing! It works fine on my other site (which is loaded with word-press plugins). But on this site, crash, constant. 

I did notice that I am trying to work a site that is .org, and it keeps shifting to .net. Waiting to hear back from provider, but could that cause it to bomb?

psiencesociety

Update. 

...and maybe this has something to do with it? In using thumbnail as a gallery I have 25 thumbs. Can that many thumbs cause it to be problematic? Whats happening is I load the thumb, its uploads fine. Then when I try to upload the image I get DMS telling me that the upload fails, try again, fail, try again, fail...I click the refresh icon and I get the no response error splash page. refresh and go back to the page then I can load the image, thats if I dont get the aw snap error..

psiencesociety

Danny this is seeming more like a DMS issue. when I use the thumbnail page, add a lot of thumbnails (25 in this test to my other site) it crashes every time I hit the refresh after loading an image. 

Danny

Where are you uploading from, via the DMS uploader in one of the options or in the WordPress Media library ?

How big is the image you're uploading ?

Please provide a link to your site and enable DMS debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) and provide screenshots of the message where it says upload failed please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello, inexplicably few signs have appeared at the beginning of each excerpts, removing the option these signs disappear, but appear when I activate it again. You know why happen this?.

Yo can see online here: http://www.latitudestudio.eu/press-news/ 

• dherries
      By dherries
      I am trying to add a widgetizer to my page/post and the system does not let it drag. The system creates  large Widgetizer logo and nothing will happen. What am I doing wrong?  I am using DSM 1.1.9.  Website is www.moveincache.com
    • mundocaco
      By mundocaco+
      Hello everyone. :)   Is possible set a selected Section Area to height of window browser with custom CSS, just like DMS2 presets? Someone knows some best practice?   I know how to set to fixed footer, but i think this case of study is different.   Thanks!
    • webmktco
      By webmktco
      Website URL: http://www.schrumpfdds.com/
      Framework Version: DMS 1.1.9
      WordPress Version: 4.1.1

I noticed that the Font Awesome version in my theme is 3.2.1.

Can you tell me how I can update the FA version? Or is that not possible?
    • pazyluz
      By pazyluz+
      I have pages that display on phones and pages for desktops/laptops.  The ipad displays the mobile/phone pages but would look far better if they displayed the desktop version.  How/Can I display the desktop version on ipad?  If I cannot do that, can you advise me as to the best course of action?  Thank you.

http://peggygreen.net