Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carsten

category post view on static home page

carsten

How can I have categrory view of posts on my static homepage.

Please explain how to do - while I have tried everything with out succes.

I need to have 3-5 posts from a category like news ore last posts - to show on front page (tumbnail - text and Photo side by side) to be shown in content area or more footer area.

batman

Hi carsten

If you need post in your HOME page (not BLOG page) you can use

Flipper

Mansory

or some plugin like

Filtering

Please, you can see mi test forum http://mac-foro.com.ar I have 8 post in my HOME page using Filtering.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

GetMeWebDesign

Presume you dont mean by using flipper? More like a better version of how RapidTabs looks? Use Special Recent Posts Plugin and add it to a sidebar to be used in the widgetized section. If you need more sidebars and dont have a plugin, then use Custom Sidebars

Think this will answer you question.

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

GetMeWebDesign

batman - nice plugin... which he can find here on the pagelines store

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

carsten

Thank you. But I need like a category page wraped on my FrontPage (tumbnail Photo and text side by side) not links in a sidebar.....

But thank anyway :)

GetMeWebDesign

Thank you. But I need like a category page wraped on my FrontPage (tumbnail Photo and text side by side) not links in a sidebar.....

But thank anyway :)

Make a "custom sidebar" and add it to a widgetized section (content width and not in a sidebar, despite the creation of a custom sidebar!)

[attachment=2111:special recent posts in full width widgetizer.JPG]

greenfly

thanks for the advice GetMeWebDesign :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

carsten

Make a "custom sidebar" and add it to a widgetized section (content width and not in a sidebar, despite the creation of a custom sidebar!)

attachicon.gifspecial recent posts in full width widgetizer.JPG

Hi Thanks.

I did get the Special Recent Post Plugin - and it's running.

HOWEVER - I can not customize the thumbnail Photo - they are very small (see enclosed Photo at "special recent posts")

Do you know how to enlarge the thumbnail Photo (I have the FREE version)

Here I have put the plugin in to full wide sidebar.

But I need the thumbnail Photo to be as large as the rest.......

latest_posts.png

GetMeWebDesign

First set the SRP Widgets > Panel > Thumbnail options to your requires size (I measured that at  w 300px and h 170 px)

[attachment=2116:special recent posts.JPG]

Then add this code in wp-admin >Pagelines > Custom CSS/LESS

.srp-widget-thmblink {
width: 300px;
}

Assuming that you want that thumbnail to be 300 px wide - fiddle arround to get what you want :fpc:

carsten

First set the SRP Widgets > Panel > Thumbnail options to your requires size (I measured that at  w 300px and h 170 px)

attachicon.gifspecial recent posts.JPG

Then add this code in wp-admin >Pagelines > Custom CSS/LESS

.srp-widget-thmblink {
width: 300px;
}

Assuming that you want that thumbnail to be 300 px wide - fiddle arround to get what you want

Hey super :)

It did the trick - thanks.

Can I ask you - how do I enlarge the headline text and body text too - in the plugin ???

GetMeWebDesign
h4.srp-post-title {
display: block;
font-size: xx-large;
}

p.srp-widget-excerpt {
font-size: large;
}

Or specify font size in px or %

Do you use Chrome Developer tools... very handy for examining the page and fiddling with CSS etc.

Just realised... first code should have been:

srp-widget-thmblink {
width: 100%;
}

As you would lose title and text in mobile view!