Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wendygordon

Pro Tools? Where is it?

wendygordon

Hey there.  I have installed Pro Tools, but I cant see where I am able to access the settings for it.

thanks.

jmad

Should be in your WordPress side toolbar...below Settings.

wendygordon

It isnt there.

jmad

You might try uninstalling the plugin.  Reinstall and then reactivate the plugin.  

wendygordon

i have actually just done a new clean install of everything.  I have activated the theme.  I have askimet and seo plug ins plus page lines customize and pro.  I just uploaded pro tools.  AGAIN dont see anything. i deleted it and re did it AGAIN. and still nothing. 

Can you please help me get this fixed?

Oops. sorry - meant to write Updater instead of Customize.  Four plug ins.  I have had SOOO many problems with DSM that I am just going to start my site from scratch. AGAIN.  and i am not importing anything.  So.  All I want is for this to work properly and in the first 10 minutes i see that i have a problem.  Not sure why this doesnt show up.  I have activated the account.  

Please help.

wendygordon

Update:  i just enabled debug at saw this message:

Install DMS Utilities

Your site is "Pro activated" but we have detected that the DMS Pro Tools plugin is not activated. Grab this plugin if you have not installed it yet on PageLines.com → My-

I have installed it.  The plug in is Activated

wendygordon

Another Update:

Suddenly, after deactivating and reactivating Updater, Askimet, and SEO,  I do see the tools Icon for the Pro Tools on the front end of the editor - this is the first time that icon has ever appeared.  but i still dont have anything for the tools settings on the Wordpress Admin.  

As I have looked around the forum, I am starting to have a feeling that THIS problem (which I had basically ignored in the first version of my site), may be the source of all of the other mind-bending problems i have had  - content showing up on the wrong page, problems especially with ibox, text box and media box.  

It was crazy.  Content from page 1 boxes would suddenly appear in page 2 boxes..  Media from the media box at the top of page 4 would show up on page1 in the media box at the bottom of that page. But it was completely random.  It would seem that as soon as i fixed the boxes on page 1, they would replace the contents of the boxes on another page.  This happened not just in the iboxes but also media box and text box. 

I finally retyped the entire site and created new sections and deleted the old ones and retyped everything and assigned NO TEMPLATE to EVERYTHING and that finally seemed to stabilize the site.  

But THEN, and this is when I threw in the towel... I would click on a post and i would be brought to the wrong post.  ie. click on post 2 and post 1 would come up.  I double checked the posts and everything was fine.  There were no actual problems with the permalinks or anything i could see. 

I also have had templates not saving and not being applied (both in DSM1 and DSM2).  Edits not being saved.  Edits showing up as correct only on the DSM2 (or 1) visual editor but not showing up on the actual site when viewed logged out despite multiple cache clearing. Edits to CSS simply not holding no matter where i put them (on the front or the back end) I am so fed up, that I finally decided to REDO the whole site.  

And yes of course, I turned off all plugins and tested, and never found any relationship between the plugins and this crazy crazy stuff.  

And now, I fear that I should not take another step forward until this issue with the ProTools is resolved.  

I AM BEGGING someone to help me with it - i cant go thru all of that again.

wendygordon

REALLY?  silence?  not even a nice little note that says, sit tight, don't redo your site from scratch, dont jump off the ledge?  We will help you figure this out?  

Hey guys, please remember that I have been paying you monthly for months and haven't needed you.  Now i am calling in my chit.  Please Please send me some sign that someone on your end is dealing with this. 

Wendy

Simon

Can you provide a url to the site in question?

wendygordon

sure, but i would rather keep that just between me and you.  dont you have it in my account registration?  I am working on a second site that i started today which is the same as the one in my account but has a prefix of dev.  Or if you have a private way to send you the info - I will. 

Simon

Ok well if its the one in your forum profile... you certainly have pro tools enabled on that site as the section cache is adding comments into the HTML source. If you want me to log in and check just send an admin username/password to me. Send a PM on the forum/ 

Simon

Right i edited the plugin on your site.

The plugin checked you have the ability to update wordpress, and if so you probably are safe to use these options. But godaddy have removed that role from your account

I will update the plugin to check for a lower user role

( i disabled the section cache for you )

wendygordon

Hey Simon.

Thanks so much, but not all of my problems are fixed yet.

Now i can see (for the first time ever) the pro tools on the side menu in the wordpress admin,

But I still dont see the little tool icon on the front end DSM2 editor, and so i am still without that ability to see the Options, Performance or Logs. And I am convinced that if the ProTools isnt working exactly as it should, I will continue to have the problems i had before. 

I am also working in the dev.xxxx.ology.net site - NOW and would be very grateful if you could make the same edit in that install as well. And let me know what you recommend for any new installs I do.  (I am about to start working on a 2 new sites soon - and if there is a way i dont have to bug you each time, i am sure we would both be happier :) ).

The problem of clicking on one post but going to the wrong one seems to be fixed, but i have no idea if the random content-swapping problem is fixed yet.  (but the problems that i had were crazy and random, so time will tell).

I am going to try to re activate the plug ins and will see what happens.

FYI - Godaddy does have an option to allow users to edit their files - i had selected that option, so i am sure any changes you made are ok. 

Simon
I think the icon you are referring to is the developer tab there will be a plugin available to enable this tonite

That tab has absolutly nothing to do with the pro tools plugin

wendygordon

No i am not.  i am referring to the icon that is shaped like a tool that is on the front end that has the following options:

Options, Performance or Logs.

Please, PLEASE PLEASE do me the favor of fixing the pro-tools on the DEV.xxxology.net site.  

I have COMPLETELY given up on the original site and i need to get this site back up. 

By the way.  the site is completely F'D.  This was my day today showing a particularly "lovely" way MY templates seem to work. 

work on a page.  finish it.  save the current configuration as a template. 

work on another page. finish it.  Everything disappears on that page and mysteriously a 404 section replaces all of my work.  

I cant take it any more. 

Simon
The options performance an logs is not part of the pro tools plugin and never has been
The tab was removed in 2.0.2 and will be part if a developer only plugin

wendygordon

well. it is on the dev.xxxology.net site.  And on that site, i dont have the pro item on the wordpress admin. 

would you please mind taking a look?

W

Simon

id love to, but the site is totally unreachable to me.

Simon

ok i managed to login and enable it for you.

wendygordon

thanks now i see it.  did you look on the front end and see the little tool?

Simon

yea thats because you edited the wp-config file and enabled that tab

funmaking

Hi there,

When will be available the developer plugin?

Thanks

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?