Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloom1creative

Blog page DMS 1, Remove Link on h2 post-title

bloom1creative

Hi guys

Any way to easily stop the blog page linking out to the 'single' post page?  I have made the posts display full screen so I don't require that function. 

Many thanks

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Hi,

Not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bloom1creative

On the Blog page where the blog posts are listed, they are linked out to individual posts right?  You click them and go to the full blog post / single post page.  I don't need or want this function as my blog page displays the full posts anyway.

Thanks

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Yeah, you can't remove it out of the box, I am not entirely sure you will be even able to use a hook to remove it. A blog page acts as a archive for your posts and shouldn't really be where users read your full post, as there is no comment form. So in order for your readers/visitors to comment they will still need to navigate to your single post page.

On a personal note, when I see a blog or news site using this kind of layout i.e. displaying the full post, I find it incredibly annoying. As you have continuously scroll to find the post/article you may want to read.

Also, when searching your results will take you to the single post and not your blog page.

bloom1creative

The functionality I require for my client lends itself well to using this method as there will only be a few posts at a time, which I why I chose to utilise the posts option for this.

I will have to look around to try and find a hook then to take the link out :/ 

Thanks

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

I understand you want the functionality, but your clients readers/visitors will still need to navigate to the single post to comment. As you can't add the comments forms to your Blog page.

bloom1creative

I don't need the comment feature though Danny lol

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Try this:

.pl-new-loop h2.entry-title {
pointer-events: none;
cursor: default;
}

bloom1creative

Well arn't you a legend

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

I am indeed ;p and no problem.