Sign in to follow this  
g2om

Mystery box on home page

g2om

Hello! I have a mystery box appearing on my home page (under feature boxes). I have unchecked "Show widgetized footer sidebars" and "Show Lower Sidebar on this page/post" and "Show Content Sidebar" I honestly cannot figure out where this box is coming from. Any ideas? Thanks. URL: www.g2om.com

Andrew

Looks like you are using the full-width page template; the box you're seeing is the area for the page content. If you don't want this box, switch it to the 'feature page' template... :)

catrina

Hello, When I checked your source, and that mystery box isn't a widget box. It's actually a page content box. The problem appears to be this code:

<div id="content">
	<div class="postwrap fix">
	<div class="post-287 page type-page hentry" id="post-287">
	<div class="copy fix">
	<div class="textcontent">
	</div>
	</div>
	</div><!--post -->
	</div>

One way to make this go away is to hide this "content" DIV, but then it can't be done with the "content" DIV because it'll make the other page content (such as your Free Articles "coming soon..." page content) disappear, too, since it's in the same DIV class. Edit: You can just try the solution above :)...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

g2om

Thanks! Andrew, you were absolutely correct! I changed my home page setting to "feature page default" instead of "feature page full width" and it removed the box. Thank you.