Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moamick

Safari Bugs

moamick

When loading a page in Safari on my site the text in the header (page name) doesn't fully load until the user begins to scroll. The text usually fades onto the page, but in Safari seems to get stuck and ends up looking transparent until the user scrolls.

Doesn't happen in Chrome, IE, or iOS.

Thoughts on why that would be?

James B

Hi there, it sounds like there's a problem with the animation in safari. Do you have a link to the site we can look at to view whats happening.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

moamick

Hi James,

You can see the site (temporarily located) at www.marshallmccormick.com password: red123.

Thanks!

James B

I see what you mean, how do you have that section setup? Canvas with a text box inside? Let me know and I'll try and replicate and report on the bug tracker.

Posting screencast link here so I can refer back to it later - http://screencast.com/t/xccCBmAeD2bT

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

moamick

I have that section as just a full width PageHeader. It's setup within the Header section of the page (not in the 'template' section).

I've played around with it in different sections, but always seems to have the animation problem.

Marshall

moamick

Any thoughts on this? Still having the animation problem.

Marshall

greenfly

Are you still having this issue? Checking your site http://www.marshallmccormick.com/ everything looks to be working in safari. Cant see any text issues. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

I cannot replicate this issue - what version of safari are you using? 

Sounds simple but have you tried resetting safari / clearing cache?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"