Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reformedmedia

DMS Editor Not Saving

reformedmedia

Hi,

I am baffeled over why the DMS editor will not save my changes.

There is a LESS error I know as is seen in the screen shot. I know where it is located in the custom code, but when I go to delete it, it does not save. I tried about 20 times to delete and save it, but when I refresh, it doesn't save it or any of the other custom styles I add to it.

I've tried using the backend to delete the style. It deletes it until I refresh the page again and then it's mysteriously there again. 

Becoming very frustrating. Any idea what I can do?

http://screencast.com/t/LVqz4bfL

http://screencast.com/t/ABAxWo4GMY

GetMeWebDesign

You might want to have a look as this is a very similar topic to Front-end custom less/CSS doesn't work in DMS2

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

greenfly

This is a known issue and being worked on now - we will update ASAP.

Please try to search the forum for similar issues/solutions before posting topics. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

thanks GetMeWebDesign

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Simon

were you using pageless plugin before?

reformedmedia

Simon_P, this just began happening today. I was updating fine and making progress this morning. What pagelines plugin are you referring to?

martin I realize now there are other posts and I did search, it's just no one posted a comment with the same keywords that I put in the search.

reformedmedia

OK. I think I may have an idea why this is happening. But I'm not sure, so take it with a grain of salt. 

This morning I was trying to figure out why my page titles were not automatically appearing on the Content/Loop section. 

I found a post that suggested that I switch to "Enable Legacy Mode". After I did this, I noticed that the option for showing page titles under "Layout & Config" was not appearing. Some internet magic happened and just a minute ago, the proverbial pipeline unclogged and I am able to save. 

Just a thought. Perhaps this might point everyone in the right direction as to why this is happening.

I still don't like the idea that showing the page titles option will go away in future releases.

trizerticus

I went ahead and closed the other two topics that i had opened that were on the same subject
so that there is only one topic open in regards to the DMS Editor not working or saving

here is the list of the other articles:

Help DMS 2 Problems
http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33629-help-dms2-problems/

JS/Ajax Problem
http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33634-jsajax-problem/

Anthony

James B

The Dev team have pushed a patch to fix this and a new update has been released. Please upgrade to version 2.02

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

reformedmedia

Been using version 2.02.

I've been able to work with the editor in a limited way. It seems like the pages that I set up as templates don't let me save the CSS/Less that I input into the editor. When I save from the homepage it saves fine. The only problem is that if I'm working on one of the pages that I've set up as a template, it overrides my styles that it has saved in the editor. I've tried flushing the cache, but it's still remains the same problem. 

Simon

Been using version 2.02.

I've been able to work with the editor in a limited way. It seems like the pages that I set up as templates don't let me save the CSS/Less that I input into the editor. When I save from the homepage it saves fine. The only problem is that if I'm working on one of the pages that I've set up as a template, it overrides my styles that it has saved in the editor. I've tried flushing the cache, but it's still remains the same problem. 

Are you trying to save per-page css?

trizerticus

I have also been having dificulty saving

ok, these are the results after upgrading to version 2.0.2
attempted to change default image in the NAVI bar and was able to add image and image showed up compared to version 2.0 which would not add image at all. problem was after saving or publishing everything went back to the default image "DMS 2"

no change on the RevSlider. Will not save after editing.

"ibox" was able to add all of the boxes compared to only one in version 2.0, but after save was not able to make any changes to the "iboxes" in other words "one edit, one save" no more.

no change to the "callout" will not save after editing.

so over all it still is not saving any changes.

Anthony

Simon

try 2.0.3 

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?