Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evscicats

ShareBar: Google+ in a future update?

evscicats    14
evscicats

Will the new awesome ShareBar in DMS2 be getting Google+ in a future update?  Right now it only has Karma, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest.  I'm building a website for an education technology conference and don't want to leave Google out.    http://screencast.com/t/2JI9zlGYDC

Thanks,

Jerrad

greenfly    230
greenfly

I believe this is in the pipeline - i'll get more information for you 

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

evscicats    14
evscicats

Any news on this yet?

evscicats    14
evscicats

Any update on Google+ on ShareBar?

James B    436
James B

Hi Jerrad, I've checked the tracker and its still an open issue so the team are aware of it. No updates on there as to when/if this is to be included. I'll try and get an update from the Core team when they come in later today.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

evscicats    14
evscicats

Thanks James! 

carletto0282+    4
carletto0282

Hi guys, any update on this?

Simon    247
Simon

A WordPress action was added to the sharebar, so you can include whatever icons/buttons you like. It'll be in the next update.

• Like 2

evscicats    14
evscicats

Simon_P - Installed DMS 2.1 and don't see an option for Google+ in the ShareBar section.  Any update on this?

Thanks - Jerrad

hibbsy78+    24
hibbsy78

I can't see the option to remove the karma icon either in the 2.1 update?

hibbsy78+    24
hibbsy78

hibbsy78 its there under the postloop options

https://cloudup.com/cqUt4H7420c

Thanks Simon_P, Can it be removed from the sharebar also?

Simon    247
Simon

Sure, the sharebar has options too, and its located right there.

hibbsy78+    24
hibbsy78

Sure, the sharebar has options too, and its located right there.

@Simon_P 

hibbsy78 its there under the postloop options

https://cloudup.com/cqUt4H7420c

I can't see the disable feature on the ShareBar?

dycqi.jpg

Simon    247
Simon

doh! OK 2.1.1 fixed that, update incomming

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

is there without upgrade... weird how some see things and some dont

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

Holy Smokes batman... ha ha... should read posts more carefully. Thought it was about not being able to display the disable boxes, rather than the karma!

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

hibbsy78+    24
hibbsy78

doh! OK 2.1.1 fixed that, update incomming

Thanks Simon!

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

evscicats    14
evscicats

Looks like my post got hijacked by the "Disable the Karma" klan.  

Back to my original question - when will Google+ be added as an option to the ShareBar?

Thanks,

Jerrad

Simon    247
Simon

Google does not currently have a public API for getting the +1 count for URLs. You can file a feature request here.

We added a wordpress 'action' to that section so you can add whatever you like after the icons. The action is 'pl_sharebar_after_icons'

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• arno
      By arno+
      The counter next to the icon in the Sharebar extension adds more mess than value for us. 
      Is there an easy way/code to hide the counter? (so that the icons line up closer?)
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      Is there an easy CSS fix to change the social media icons in Sharebar so they are colored, not just on hover?
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• art23130
      By art23130+
      We had a very nice shortcodes library and hooker in the previous version of the platform. But in the version 5 they are missing. 
      So are you going to improve it again in future or no they are not supported anymore? 
      and one more question, what do you suggest for sharing bar which we had in DMS2 ?
      Thanks for your effort 
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date