Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

"Navi" (fixed menu"search does not work

jane

Hello,

I noticed that all searches done from the Navi search box returns a 404 while other search boxes work.

Not sure if anyone else as also noticed this.

greenfly

Could we have a logon for you site with admin privileges. we will take a look at your site setup for you. 

Please send the credentials to hello at PageLines dot com 

Wasn't able to replicate this using the standard options on a fresh install. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

GetMeWebDesign
On your page search button:
<form method="get" class="searchform pl-searcher" onsubmit="this.submit();return false;" action="....ca/devfmf"><fieldset><span class="btn-search"><i class="icon icon-search"></i></span><input type="text" value="" name="s" class="searchfield" placeholder="Search"></fieldset></form>

In the nav
<form method="get" class="navi-searchform pl-searcher" onsubmit="this.submit();return false;" action=".....ca/devfmf/home/"><fieldset><span class="btn-search"><i class="icon icon-search"></i></span><input type="text" value="" name="s" class="searchfield" placeholder="Search"></fieldset></form>

The action is incorrect and if altered to ....ca/devfmf, it all works fine. Not sure what has caused it though

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jane

Thanks GetMeWebDesign for that. I haven't heard back from anyone at hello at pagelines though - I suppose my email is still in the queue?

Danny

Hi Jane,

I am unable to recreate your issue, I have configured Navi to display similar to your sites Navi section and also added a Widgetizer section with Search widget, when I do a search in the Navi search field, I receive no 404 error.

Therefore, you either have made changes to the section and/or have a plugin causing a conflict.

Can you please disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't please enable DMS Debug mode so we can take a closer look. You will find debug mode under DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jane

Hi Danny, it looks like Polylang is the problem. It's much easier for me to just disable search in the navi because all the other search boxes work properly.

greenfly

thanks for letting us know. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jane

I found the fix for this problem, maybe it will help out other people using Polylang.

In the Settings section of Polylang, make sure you have this checked: The front page url contains the language code instead of the page name or page id

If you don't have it checked, when you conduct a search in Navi or Mobile Menu, the page id will be added to the URL (in my case, "home" as pointed out by GetMeWebDesign ) which will result in a 404 page.

GetMeWebDesign

jane well done Holmes... elementary, I presume

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jane

If it wasn't for your observation GetMeWebDesign, it never would have clicked :P