Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Why are updates on one page being reflected on another?

Recommended Posts

jane

Hello,

 

I have a bilingual site. When I made updated to my French FAQ page all my content on my English FAQ page were also French 

 

 

Why is this happening? I am not working on a "locked" template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly

Hello jane

 

The second link you provided is the same as the first :/


The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jane

Hi Martin Davies - I've updated the link! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James B

Hi Jane

 

There was a small bug which was related to type/local settings. This was patched last night and a update was released, this could resolve the issue you were experiencing. Please upgrade to version 2.02 to see if this resolves the problem for you.


Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jane

HI James B, I've upgraded not it's still happening - now both pages are in English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James B

Hi Jane.

 

That's strange, what plugin are you using for translation, we've tested DMS fully with Polylang thats what the Developer team currently recommend. Also what host are you with?


Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jane

Hi James B, I'm using Polylang and Bluehost. This seems to be the only page that is behaving in this way. 

 

(Not sure if it's worth mentioning here, but in other post, I make note of an apparent conflict with the Docker  and Polylang)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly

Did this work if you disable Docker?


The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jane

Hi Martin Davies I didn't know it was possible to disable Docker since it's just ...there; how  would I do that? 

 

And why would disabling docker affect a page that isn't using docker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly
Sorry I thought you meant you had docker on the page that wasn't working correctly.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jane

No problem Martin Davies.. All these pages have are text boxes...I've just upgraded to 2.0.3 and these pages are still "linked"

 

 

EDIT

 

I got the page to work properly by replacing all of the text boxes with the WP content/post loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×