Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ogabriel

Big images

ogabriel    0
ogabriel

I´ve just bought DMS 2.0 and I´m trying to wrap my head arount it.

I´m trying to copy the very simple style of the Portifolio/big images with no sucess...

any directions how to do it?

I´m missing something?

For your info: I´m a experienced WP designer.

greenfly    230
greenfly

http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/big-images-content-width/

Uses media boxes. I think it is that simple. The images are positioned with CSS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ogabriel    0
ogabriel

Yeah... I´ve got it...

but i believe i wasnt very clear with my question... I´ll try to refrase it:

There´s any way to make something like that but with the loop?

i mean. listing (qith that style) posts from one especific category or tag?

James B    436
James B

Hi there, why not use the masonic gallery section? This uses the featured images from posts to populate the image.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• FRevi
      By FRevi+
      I am trying to achieve a gallery (Envira Gallery plugin) that spans the full width of a page, within Platform 5 theme. Can't figure it out.
      The page should look roughly like this: www.frankrevi.photography/envira/favorites-2 (maybe minus the title, that's another story). This is a standalone gallery page and not part of my site. Nothing links to it.
      But instead it is this on the real page: www.frankrevi.photography/favorites.
      Currently I have the gallery in a Pagelines Framework Content section. My framework content wrap is set to unwrapped full width. I'm using all 12 columns. In Pagelines Settings, my Layout/Nav Content Width is set to 100%.
      How can I get the gallery on the real page URL to be the full page width please?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello! I'd like to find a way to have a full width section that I can have a slideshow as a background. I see that DMS allows you to place video in the background of a full-width section. Is therea way to have the same effect with a slideshow?

Thanks for the help!
    • kellid
      By kellid
      Hi, 

Hello! I'm trying to add a full width image to a section and it's not working for me.  I want to duplicate the "big images" section on your DMS example http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/big-images/  but as you can see in the link below, only a fraction of the image is showing.  

https://www.dropbox....Image size.tiff

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Kelli
    • atcdomainsolutions
      By atcdomainsolutions+
      I remember a little while back there was a PLNextbox that was Full Width to go along with the "Content Width" but I no longer see it.

Is there anything similar that would allow us to add normal text/shortcodes, etc into a Full Width section?

Thanks.

• lejonl
      By lejonl
      How do I set upp a full-width portfolio overview like this
      http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/big-images/

With a link to the specifik portfolio post, placed like in the example only working

I can only find one thread about something similar, but not about this actual issue.

Thanks