This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since having switched to DMS2 I no longer see controls for fixing the header/menu position.

Additionally, I am frustrated to no end by the menu styling elements which seem straight forward but don't seem to work.  It's a total crap shoot if my changes are ever applied.  For some reason, the background is annoyingly set to blue even though I have adjusted no such settings in this way - I know I can set the select background color for this but that chucks transparency out the window.  Finally, the color of the menu text will not simply appear unless I override the CSS which seems really wonky for a site builder.

Are there any plans to overhaul the UI any time soon?  I I like what at first appears to be a platform comprising of simple yet powerful site building tools but I must say the UI and overall user experience feels shoddy and inconsistent.  I've built dozens of websites on WordPress and using Suffusion and other highly customizable themes but none of them have been as challenging to derive my desired result as DMS. 

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope no offense is taken from my remarks.   

There is an issue reported on the tracker for lack of stylability at the moment for menu items. This will be fixed ASAP. 

No offence taken at all. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Thanks for the reply, Martin.

• Similar Content

• dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      Hi, we've lost the FIXED header canvas area on http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk/
      Any ideas how we can get it back, or re-create it?
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!