Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eusebius

Featured Image in Single Post

eusebius+    3
eusebius

Hello,

I love the new DMS 2.0. Great job.

I especially like the new, large featured image that appears on single post pages, but I am wondering how we can change the crop options so that it doesn't cut off people's heads in a portrait-oriented photo, as in here:

[attachment=2080:Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 9.02.23 AM.jpg]

Initially, I thought DMS was using a custom Wordpress thumbnail size to generate that image. If that were the case, there are many plugins that can force cropping from the top or allow me to resize the thumbnail myself, but after further investigation, it seems as though DMS is rendering this image a different way.

How can we change how this image is cropped?

Thank you

greenfly    230
greenfly

Could we have a link to your site so we can see how this is happening for you? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

eusebius+    3
eusebius

Yes, of course… here is a link to our site.

Thank you for your help.

sethoof    3
sethoof

I too am having some trouble with this autocropping of the featured image in a post, but I don't see a way to fix it.  The images load perfectly in the masonic gallery, but then in tne posts, it keep cuting people's heads off.

http://www.opfistula.org/m4m_cornell/andy-fiorentini/

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Seth

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

sethoof switch from landscape-thumb to something like large thumb, big thumb, full thumb under Global loop settings  for the WP content/loop

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate