Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

layasamadhi

Front-end custom less/CSS doesn't work in DMS2

layasamadhi    3
layasamadhi
I'm having a lot of problems with the custom less/css.

In practice I've added the code but now I cann't delete it or change it more. For example if I try to refresh the page all comes back to the starting point. If I click Ctrl+Return nothing happens. I've tried several times to empty the browser cache but the problem persists.

Also if I try to change css in the back-end through DMS LESS Fallback the problem persists.

Someone is having the same problems?

nokow    0
nokow

i have the same problem, i can't edit css in the front editor. Each time i refresh the site, the new code is gone. 

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thanks for the update guys. Please could you give us some more information regarding these issues and we are looking into it. 

Could you use the pastebin to copy the CSS code you are using and paste in the link to the code - please do not paste in the code to the forum reply. The pastebin can be found at the top of the post or use this link http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/

Try disabling all plugins and see if this resolves the problem. Let us know if there is a plugin conflict. 

Also, could we have links to your sites? 

Also please enable the debug for us in Site Settings > advanced 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

This is on the tracker at the moment as high priority so you have our assurance it is being looked at. This information helps to identify the problem. :) 

i will update you when this has been resolved or more information is available

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

@nokow 

i have noticed a cause of this can be incorrect CSS (leads to CSS not working) 

try erunning your CSS through the Validator here and correct the two errors and let us know if this resolved the issue http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

nokow    0
nokow

I've corrected my css but it's still the same, i can't modify it in dms. 

greenfly    230
greenfly

ok thanks for letting us know 

would you mind repasting the Pastebin CSS now that it has been rectified. 

greenfly    230
greenfly

nokow - thank you - this helps to try and recreate the issue :) 

vrcqbpro+    1
vrcqbpro

I have the same problem in DMS2.  I know I have incorrect code, (an extra bracket) but I can't get it to stay fixed, either using the front end editor or by using the fallback LESS editor.  This is keeping me from adding any CSS classes to my site.  (www.palyswim.com)

I promise to always validate my code before putting it in the DMS editor from now on :) , but how do I fix it now?

greenfly    230
greenfly

This is a bug that has been reported to the tracker. We will update once a fix/patch is in place. 

removing all the code from your site sometimes work but not always. 

If you enable debug for us on your site we will see if anything stands out from there for your particular site. 

vrcqbpro+    1
vrcqbpro

Debugging is enabled, thanks.  Let me know if you want login info.

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

vrcqbpro. Cant guarantee this will help but seemed to work for me. Make sure all your pages are assigned to a template (rather than the Template: None). Once i did that, it allowed the fallback to work and for the parse error or changes or deletion on any particular page. Dont forget those pages like "tag", "Category", "search", etc

• Like 1

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

vrcqbpro+    1
vrcqbpro

GetMeWebDesign - it was worth a try, but no go.  I did find as a point of interest however, that assigning the pages to templates on the front end editor did not affect the template assignment on the WP dashboard under Pages.  I did it in both places just in case.

greenfly    230
greenfly

ok we are still looking into this for you 

evscicats    14
evscicats

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I tried changing my pages to a template name (other than the Default: none) and most changed except for about 5 or 6 pages.  These pages just stay the Default: none no matter if I go to change them on the front-end or the back-end.  

I am getting a PHP error repeatedly.

PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'clone' in .../wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.handler.php on line 357

My Pagelines debug is on for my website located at http://evscicats.com/erevolution. 

I also posted this error on the forum thread Illegal String Offset since the same error was reported by someone else who had the two dms folder setup.  

Wonder if this is all related.

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

vrcqbpro  I have commented here as it is a similar topic 

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

mtsurgery+    1
mtsurgery

Hello all.  Unfortunately, I am having the same problem!  After upgrading to DMS 2 everything was fine for a day or so...meaning the CSS was updating and saving without any problems.  Then all of a sudden without any warning or malfunction my custom LESS/CSS input is not accepting new or updated CSS changes.  In addition, when I tried entering CSS code directly into the DMS LESS Fallback screen, the new CSS is saved there...BUT...I can not find the CSS into the custom LESS/CSS...as if the CSS is completely disconnected from the site.

Of course, I have deactivated all the plugins and even reinstalled DMS 2 as a theme.  My DMS is working fine...meaning I am not having any conflicts with saving, moving, editing theme contents or creating new templates.  This an isolated CSS issue.

I am not an amateur or a noob with CSS  but I am as close to being professional without being paid.  So, I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this issue but at the present I am shut down with DMS as I rely on CSS for the majority of my coding.  As a last resort, I may have to downgrade to the early version of DMS just to complete my work. 

Any help from the developers?  Many thanks!

mtsurgery

greenfly    230
greenfly

This is logged as an issue on the tracker. As soon as this has been resolved we will update you./ 

mtsurgery+    1
mtsurgery
vrcqbpro. Cant guarantee this will help but seemed to work for me. Make sure all your pages are assigned to a template (rather than the Template: None). Once i did that, it allowed the fallback to work and for the parse error or changes or deletion on any particular page. Dont forget those pages like "tag", "Category", "search", etc

Although vrcqbpro made an excellent point, it did not work. I saved my home page as a "Home" template.  But that did not seem to fix the CSS issue. From the above posts It appears the developers are looking into this problem.  I will wait for future notice.  Many thanks.

MT 

greenfly    230
greenfly

We will update you all once this has been resolved. 

mtsurgery+    1
mtsurgery

I may have discovered the CSS problem to provide focus for the developers... 

I have come to realize the front end CSS editor is not allowing updates for the HOME page or the main site page.  However, I am able to make CSS changes using the front-end editor if I use a subpage to make changes rather than using the HOME page. 

For example, if I make site-wide changes to the CSS using the front-end CSS editor on a subpage, then that particular subpage and any subsequent subpage will accept the updates.  On the contrary, the HOME page will not accept the same updates...as if the HOME page is completely disconnected from the CSS entirely???

I'm not a back-end programmer, but I would begin looking at the code that updates and refreshes the CSS on the HOME / index page, as it seems to work on all other pages just fine.

So, as a work-around for everyone else out there you can still develop your site and perform CSS updates on subpages other than your HOME page.

Thanks,

MT

nokow    0
nokow

today's update (2.0.1) don't correct the css problem. 

mtsurgery+    1
mtsurgery

I agree.  Unfortunately DMS 2.0.1 did not fix the CSS issue.  My front page (HOME) page still remains disconnected from live CSS refreshes.  The rest of my site including all subpages and secondary templates work just fine.  As I mentioned previously, the problem is not global but only exists within the back-end coding of the HOME page or index.  Let us know when this has been rectified.  Thanks,

MT

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • wyo22ski
      By wyo22ski+
      Hello,

I'm basically a designer and understand a little on how to change CSS, etc., so please excuse my ignorance...  I recently upgraded to the newest platform from the DMS and my old DMS theme no longer functions.  I'm trying to replace the image slider that my Horizon Photography Theme (Nick Haskins) had created.  The Impulse image slider seemed the closest to what I need, but there are problems.
      It seems the the Impulse section for sliding images defaults to the image width, no the height.  I can change the Impulse stage height and width, but this does nothing to the internal content.  For instance, if I change the height to 200 pixels, the image remains the full width and only shows a cropped section.  I would like the ability to change the Impulse height, and have the image height fit space. 
      I've put this custom CSS in, but again, this only controls the stage height of Impulse:
      .pl-sn-impulse .pl-impulse-cell .cell-wrap, .pl-impulse-container, .owl-stage-outer {
        width: 100%;
      }

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks 
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. 
      I have just realized that CSS (Less plugin) , is not working..... I have disable all plugins (except PL CUSTOM LESS and PL5) , and ... it's not working ... 
      It's not the first time. Usually I had trouble with a plugin name Autoptimize , but it's Desactivate now , all memory have been purge, and it's still not working! :-/ So it's not from this plugin. 
      NB : When I am logged on my website, if i go on the black wordpress dashboard bar, go on the PL icon, clic on </> LESS/CSS => then the page suddenly apply the CSS .... But As soon that i reload the page, nothing. I think the problem is that the plugin LESS/CSS does not load properly (if I can say that with my simples words).
      I order to keep the site "good looking" I have temporally copy/paste all my LESS code in a plugin : Script n Styles that apply the LESS/CSS code... but it's not a solution for long time.
      Can someone help me ? Did I do something wrong ? Is it an update ? 

my website : https://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Feel free to delete this post if its not helpful or its just plain wrong.

I though it might be useful to share how I customize the size of the builder. (reduce my eyestrain )
      1 - install stylerbot extension in chrome (stylerbot keeps this css every time you access the url)

2- add this css to stylerbot for the site you are working on
      .CodeMirror {
          font-size: 14px;
          height: 600px;
      }
      .pl-workarea.pl-has-sidebar .pl-workarea-sidebar-container {
          right: 0px;
          width: 500px;
      }
      .pl-workarea.pl-has-sidebar .iframe-container {
          right: 500px ;
      }

change sizes to suit.

Cheers.
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Hi.
      I can't seem to get the Teamwork section to accept custom css. I am trying to change the padding from 7em to 1em on the splash part
      I have tried
        .pl-sn-teamwork .pl-tw-splash {
          padding-top: 1em;
          padding-bottom: 1em;
        }

This works in chrome inspect but when added to custom css nothing happens.
      I have also tried most of the classes I can see accoiated with this section but again nothng seems to happen.
      Any ideas?