Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vancityprettyadmin

Comments Not Working

vancityprettyadmin    0
vancityprettyadmin

Hi all,

My comments have suddenly stopped working.  If anyone tries to leave a comment, it looks like it's submitted, but nothing actually show up.  This is happening on all pages, and after you press submit, only the title of the comments section remains.

Here's an example:

http://curatedtaste.com/isaac-mizrahi-kleenex/

I need to fix this ASAP!

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

vancityprettyadmin    0
vancityprettyadmin

So I activated all plugins and it looks like it's Jetpack that is causing the problem.  Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Is it Jetpack in general or is it one of its modules ?

vancityprettyadmin    0
vancityprettyadmin

Hi Danny, 

It's the Jetpack comments system.  I deactivated jetpack comments and my comments started working again.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Danny    1,327
Danny

@rrosewarne - I have just this moment clicked your comments link on the post you linked and it navigated me to your comments. Therefore, has the issue now been resolved?

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Does the magazine section not support comments?  I have comments allowed but they aren't showing on post pages and there doesn't seem to be a way to add a comments section in either.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I have installed and activated the disqus comments plugin and no matter what I do the comments will not show up on my posts. Is this a know glitch with disqus and pagelines?
    • Jason J
      By Jason J
      Hello all,
      I realize there's a chance that this super-basic question is going to make me look foolish, but I can't find a setting for it.
      Most blogs I come around allow people to reply to a specific comment (there's a reply link for each comment as opposed to just one reply at the bottom of the comment list).
      On a blog I manage that's using Pagelines (and foolishly not a child theme), there's no such reply link for each comment, only one at the bottom of the page.  I thought maybe there was a comments setting somewhere that would enable "in-line" commenting, but I couldn't find one.
      Am I overlooking something very basic, or is it a matter of adjusting the theme code to allow this?
      Thanks in advance,
      -jason
    • rrosewarne
      By rrosewarne
      Hi
      The comments on blog posts isn't working? it used to but now if you click the 'leave comment' link it goes to the bottom of the page and there is no comment box
      http://www.rosewarnegardens.com/the-joys-of-a-qualified-horticulturalist/
    • erin-wsk
      By erin-wsk
      I'm not sure if this is something that can easily be done, but I'm looking to move the respond section above the actual comments (when a post gets 100+ comments, it can be cumbersome to scroll through all of them to just respond). I've tried creating a custom section but the comment code is a bit engrained in the DMS theme- I'm not sure it can easily pulled out an made into a tidy section. Any thoughts or points in the right direction would lovely.