Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trizerticus

HELP DMS2 problems

trizerticus    0
trizerticus

I have performed a clean install of DMS2 on a Multisite WordPress install and I am having some major

problems with DMS2

To start off I was having problems so I went ahead and disabled all PLUGINS except those that are

exclusively require by DMS2 I.e. the "pagelines updater" and "DMS Pro Tools". Currently these are the

only plugins that are active so if its a plugin issue then the its a DMS plugin.

I am also using a child theme, (nicks base theme), but I switched it to the main DMS and all the problems are there so the child theme is not the problem.

Problems

#1 Navi - Navboard logo: attempt to change logo and (tried both upload and library) it show image after selection, but then

when you refresh the image disappears and the Navboard logo image info is blank and it still has the DMS2 logo.

this seems to be a universal DMS2 problem, no matter what I change the moment you refresh all of the changes that you make disappear whether this is NAVI, IBOX, REVSLIDER, or just trying to change the background color of an area or section, no changes seem to take effect once you have saved them.

#2 IBOX - attempted to edit the ibox's and was only able to edit the first one, and then every time I changed the others and refreshed they went back to the default settings.

One other issue is regarding the DMS image uploader, it is only allowing upload files sizes 0.5 or smaller even though it states a 2MB limit.

The point is I can add sections just fine, but am unable to customize any of the sections, the program will not save any changes.

SUGGESTION:

I would like to make a strong suggestion, that in the future, that you would establish a "BETA TEST" period for future MAJOR updates to the DMS system so that individuals like us can test it out and provide possible real world feedback and problems that might arise seeing that this program is going to be utilized on multiple systems.

Anthony

This post is closed see most current topic regarding DMS Editor not saving and Javascript / AJAX Errors see: - Anthony

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33634-jsajax-problem/

greenfly    230
greenfly

All products are beta tested before release. these issues are more likely related to your site setup and we can work through these for you. 

Only one issue per topic please. 

Could you post three topics with the 3 issues and we will be able to resolve these. Please include links to your sites etc. thanks 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Simon    247
Simon

I would like to make a strong suggestion, that in the future, that you would establish a "BETA TEST" period for future MAJOR updates to the DMS system so that individuals like us can test it out and provide possible real world feedback and problems that might arise seeing that this program is going to be utilized on multiple systems.

Of course we have a test team, they have been using DMS2 for months, but even they are only human.

We fix bugs as we find them and the file upload size in revslider is also fixed.

• Like 1

trizerticus    0
trizerticus

There really is only one major issue throughout all of the three problems and that is I am unable to save any settings, nothing will save.

it really doesn't matter if its a section, or the header, body, or footer, nothing saves.

second I really wasn't attempting to knock the test team I was just suggesting that you open up the beta test to us. It was only a suggestion.

Simon    247
Simon

Yes we tried an open beta before, people trip over themselves to get access, then demand they get the finished product for free forever and never actually post ANY feedback ;)

We have a small dedicated team who try new versions out on live sites.

Not being able to save anything sounds like a js/ajax problem. Check the browser console see if there is any output

• Like 1

trizerticus    0
trizerticus

Sorry this is the info after attempting to update a section "Callout"

hey jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=080b10:10

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://crbs.ic2bm.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.0.3
--> Sending Ajax --> pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
{"post":{"action":"pl_editor_actions","mode":"fast_save","run":"form","pageID":"24","typeID":"70000006","log":"true","confirm":"false","confirmText":"Are you sure?","savingText":"Saving.","refresh":"false","refreshText":"Successfully saved! Refreshing page...","refreshArgs":"false","toolboxOpen":"true","beforeSend":"","postSuccess":"","load":"false","store":{"upvmc0q":{"icallout_format":"","pl_standard_title":"","pl_area_class":"","pl_standard_styles":"","pl_hide_on_page":"","icallout_text":"This is Cafe Runner","icallout_text_wrap":"h2","icallout_link":"","icallout_target":"0","icallout_link_text":"","icallout_btn_theme":""}},"templateMode":"local","scope":"template","key":"homepage-slider","uid":"upvmc0q"},"dataAmount":827,"result":false,"scope":"template","state":{"global":"global"}} pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
Object {post: Object, dataAmount: 827, result: false, scope: "template", state: Object}
pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
--> Sending Ajax --> pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
{"post":{"action":"pl_editor_actions","mode":"fast_save","run":"form","pageID":"24","typeID":"70000006","log":"true","confirm":"false","confirmText":"Are you sure?","savingText":"Saving.","refresh":"false","refreshText":"Successfully saved! Refreshing page...","refreshArgs":"false","toolboxOpen":"true","beforeSend":"","postSuccess":"","load":"false","store":{"upvmc0q":{"icallout_format":"","pl_standard_title":"","pl_area_class":"","pl_standard_styles":"","pl_hide_on_page":"","icallout_text":"This is Cafe Runner","icallout_text_wrap":"h2","icallout_link":"","icallout_target":"0","icallout_link_text":"","icallout_btn_theme":""}},"templateMode":"local","scope":"template","key":"homepage-slider","uid":"upvmc0q"},"dataAmount":827,"result":false,"scope":"template","state":{"global":"global"}} pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
Object {post: Object, dataAmount: 827, result: false, scope: "template", state: Object}

trizerticus    0
trizerticus

When I hit the Refresh button it did state that there was some Ajax Error but it disappeared before I could copy it.

Danny    1,327
Danny

What is that themepunch error, that is not related to DMS?

Please search our forums, before posting!

trizerticus    0
trizerticus

the jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js is located in the themes\dms\sections\revslider\rs-plugin\

(Remember This is a Clean Install)

This post is closed see most current topic regarding DMS Editor not saving and Javascript / AJAX Errors see:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33634-jsajax-problem/

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • decmech
      By decmech+
      Hey Guys,
      Having some issues with the dropdowns for the Navi in DMS. For some reason I can't have any more than 2 levels in the dropdown. The cursor is hovering over RPAS Training (and the arrow to indicate more is visible) but no matter what browsers, it never shows up. Also inspecting the HTML shows that the additional fields are not there.
      I have inspected the PHP and cannot see anything that is limiting the number of levels. Any assistance to get the additional levels showing would be great.

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys. Just now trying out Platform 5. I like the reletive simplcity of the new interface but there are things I'm used to in DMS that I'm not seeing yet in 5. Is there a good manual, documentation, video series about some of the basics?
      In particular, I've got a simple navigation menu, created the standard way in WP menus section with several top level parents, then 3-4 children menu items below a couple parent items. Have them moved to the right to create the standard parent-child relationship but all I see on the page is the parent level items - no dropdown!. So I changed themes from Platform5 to the standard 2015 default theme and now I see absolutely no menu at top, except for the mobile (hamburger?) icon.
      In DMS, one had Navi and Navbar, etc sections and each would work differently and give different results. How do you work the menu system in 5? And how get different results ?
      thanks