Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Android Mobile - Menu Display Issue.

jmad

Hopefully, this isn't a duplicate post.  

Using a Samsung, Galaxy SII and using either the built-browser or Dolphin the mobile menu doesn't work properly.  The menu list is displaying ghost like on the left side of the screen making using the navigation nearly impossible.  

On the Firefox mobile browser, all is working fine.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I messaged Simon_P and sent screen shots to hello at Pagelines dot com.  Thought I would post here in case Simon isn't on currently.

greenfly

Hello Jason 

please do not message forum moderators directly. All issues should be logged as forum topics. 

This issue has been reported already and reported to the Devs. We will update you once we have more information 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad

Martin

Noted.  I searched the forums and couldn't find reference to this issue, searched both Android and Menu.  Is there a place to go to find already known issues?  

By update do you mean push an update via WP through a message here in the forums?

greenfly

i will give you an update via the forum on this topic. 

do you have an example of a site this is happening on. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad

madskydesign dot com and  pagelines dot com

I emailed screen shots to the hello at Pagelines dot com address.

Do you have an answer to  my question?  I searched the forums and couldn't find reference to this issue, searched both Android and Menu.  Is there a place to go to find already known issues?   

greenfly

not at the moment - when we have a solution we will get this updated for you. 

i got your screenshots - thank you for this - looking at this now 

jmad

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

An answer to my question about where to find known issues.  I'd searched in the forum but couldn't find this particular issue mentioned.

greenfly

No place to find known issues at the moment as the repo is not live on GH - was available via issues previously. 

your suggestion for this has been noted and i am going to bring this up in the Core team shortly. 

As for this the issue with the menu - does this happen after the menu has been opened or is it this way all the time? 

jmad

From the opening of the site.  

jmad

Unfortunately, I didn't notice if it was like this before I added rev slider.  I took rev slider back out and the problem still exist.  I do have a hidden slider section that I am developing.  Just providing in case that would matter.

timtimhungerfordcom

Yeah Advocate, I brought this to the community's attention earlier on the link

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33584-mobile-nav-bar-issue/ even though the title is a bit different I went more depth when bringing it up. Even posted a screenshot. Hopefully developers will handle it quickly.

jmad

timtimhungerfordcom

Yep.  I'm going to have faith that they will get this resolved by tomorrow.  What type of mobile device are you using?

timtimhungerfordcom

Galaxy S3

jmad

Martin Davies   Any update on this issue?  I'm sure the team realizes but this is pretty significant and is now keeping at least me from deploying DMS2 on client sites.  I've looked at several DMS2 sites on Android and it seems like a consistent issue. I'm surprised this didn't get caught during the beta phase.

jmad

Martin Davies 

Had the chance to test this on an Android tablet and at least on the 8inch tablet I had access to it worked fine.  Maybe just phone related.

Simon

All looks ok using the official android emulator.

jmad

@Simon_P 

That can't be your answer since multiple people are reporting this?   

Simon

How would you have me test it then?

I cant fix something I cant replicate. I looked yours, ours and the other person who said the menu was broken sites.

I used the official SDK from android using the supplied browser. I also posted screenshots in the other post.

jmad

There has got to be some way as other theme developers are able to resolve or completely avoid issues like this.  I provided screen shots about this issue so if you are telling me that you don't think it is an actual issue then I'm not sure what to say...users typically don't make crap up and then provide evidence of the issue.

Maybe there is a problem with the install?  Is there supposed to be a refresh button showing next to the publish button in the menu.  I thought it was there but now it's gone.

I installed DMS2 via the WP dashboard.  I can't think it would matter but I'll look through the code again and if I can't find anything do a reinstall via FTP.  If that doesn't work I'll move on to a new Company/Theme/Framework.  

Your clients are counting on you to develop and throughly test a product in development environments and as many live environments as possible.  Did no one in your Beta team have an Android smart phone?  Since Android ranks up there as one of the higher usage devices and Samsung as a leader in that area (http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile+tablet-browser-ww-monthly-201303-201403) it would seem a solid business decision to make sure the Beta testing covered this.

Simon

The refresh button only appears if the page actually needs it.

What version of android are you having issues with? Im downloading android images but with my british internet it takes forever to try each and every android release.

jmad

Samsung Galaxy SII.  Android version 2.3.6.  It's only happening on the built-in browser and Dolphin.  Firefox displays the menu fine.  Also, I know another user in the forums was having an issue with it on the Galaxy SIII

Simon

right i have replicated the issue with a 4.3 android image so we should be able to fix it now (hope)

jmad

Great!  I'm hoping the menu works well on other mobile devices like windows?  I'm super picky about functionality and I do want DMS to be a success.  

So it would probably be a waste of time to for me to reinstall?

Simon

So it would probably be a waste of time to for me to reinstall?

Yea, heres a screenshot of what we changed if you want to make the edit yourself before 2.0.1 goes live

http://screencast.com/t/QbSUCx4T

it'll be live within the hour

jmad

Thanks for that!  I'll wait on 2.0.1 as I've got to go coach some soccer anyway.  

Your attention to this is greatly appreciated!  I'm really liking DMS2 and wouldn't want to not use it because of something like this.  

Again, thanks!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?