Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interiordesignr

Strange Menu Attributes

interiordesignr

I have two sites (hendrickshome.com and aesthetedesigns.com). Both sites were upgraded to DMS 2 today. When I first installed DMS 2, the DMS 2 logo showed at in the navbar instead of my logos and menus.

I re-uploaded my navbar image and then changed the Navigation > Select Menu to the main menu I  have created for each site. The menus then appear on the site, but they are vertical instead of horizontal and I'm unable to see any way for me to change this. 

Please help. Thanks!

Menu-Issue.jpg

greenfly

Hi there 

Do you have custom css code added to your site? Could you try removing this and disable any plugins you may have and see if the issue resolves? 

please let us know how you get on. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

interiordesignr

I have no custom CSS (I don't even know how to do it - hence why I have your product). 

I deactivated all of my active plugins and it did not change anything.

interiordesignr
So what happens now? Do I just revert back to DMS 1? I don't really like being left hanging like this with my sites jacked up.

Can anyone help or provide me with updated information, please?

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide the exact steps you have taken from creating your menu to assigning your menu please. Have you added any classes to the CSS classes field in the Menu items option ?

How did you assign the menu, via the sections options or via the backend ?

Can you enable DMS Debug mode and disable all active plugins please.

DMS Debug mode can be activated via DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

interiordesignr

Hello,

Originally I created my menu under Appearance > Menus on the backend. When I was using DMS 1, no problems whatsoever.

I installed DMS 2 on Friday, initially the Navi showed the Pagelines logo and DMS 2. I reuploaded my logo, but still had no menu showing. On the section options under Select Menu, I set the drop down to my Main Menu. It was at that point, once the menu was added, that it appeared as it looks now. There are no classes in the CSS classes field as I do not even know how to create those.

I have disable all active plugins and have enabled DMS Debug mode on the hendrickshome.com site only. I figure once we figure out the problem with one, I can duplicate the solution on the other as the scenarios are exactly the same.

Thanks for your help. What do we do now?

Danny

HI,

As far as I can tell, you haven't set the Menu correctly. I recommend you go back to your Appearance > Menu and if you have anything set there in regards to the menu location, please uncheck it.

As your <ul> tag has the following which isn't correct.

<ul id="menu-main-menu-1" class="inline-list pl-nav sf-menu respond sf-js-enabled sf-arrows" data-offset="0&gt;&lt;li class=" menu-item="" menu-item-type-post_type="" menu-item-object-page="" current-menu-item="" page_item="" page-item-86="" current_page_item="" menu-item-106"="">

On my test site I have the following:

<ul class="inline-list pl-nav">

and thats it, nothing else. So as you can probably tell from your code above, that isn't correct.

Please search our forums, before posting!

interiordesignr

I've unchecked all of the locations, but the problem still exists.

In fact, I believe I may have checked those yesterday trying to track down a possible solution to the issue. So, I believe the issue is coming from elsewhere. Additionally, it has to have something to do with the change from DMS 1 to DMS 2 as the menu was just fine prior to the change.

Any idea why the default for DMS 2 would've changed my Navi upon install anyway? Doesn't make sense to me for any of my setups to change.

greenfly

The DMS 1.x system and the DMS 2 release are essentially the same system but not the same code. The way things work has changed and some setups require tweaking. 

More information regarding this can be found here http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33474-dms-20/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?