Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Rev Slider Extra Captions and DMS2 Buttons

jmad+    80
jmad

I'm using the code below in the extra captions area, all other fields are clear.  It all works except for the button.  The button shows but isn't large. I change it to default and the button is larger than the large.  I've cleared all custom css but nothing changes.  Please advise.

<div class="caption rv-lg-white"  data-x="center" data-y="200" data-speed="700" data-start="1700" data-easing="easeOutBack">WEB DESIGN</div><div class="caption rev-md-blkonwhite"  data-x="center" data-y="300" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">creative | reliable | practical</div><div class="caption btn btn-large btn-ol-white"  data-x="center" data-y="400" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">Button</div>

jmad+    80
jmad

Never mind, I got it sorted.  

Using this worked for HTML 

<div class="caption rv-lg-white"  data-x="center" data-y="100" data-speed="700" data-start="1700" data-easing="easeOutBack">WEB DESIGN</div><div class="caption rev-md-blkonwhite"  data-x="center" data-y="200" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">creative | reliable | practical</div><div class="caption lfr" data-x="center" data-y="300" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack"><button class="btn btn-large btn-slider btn-ol-white">Button</button></div>

Using this worked for Shortcode just by substituting the html for the button wiht the short code

<div class="caption lfr"  data-x="510" data-y="310" data-speed="300" data-start="2000">[pl_button type="ol-white" link="" target="blank"]Button[/pl_button]</div>

STILL HAVE THIS QUESTION

I tried adding slider-btn to the class so it looked like this and was hoping the button would then scale in the slider without me writing the code. However it didn't work.  Did I do this wrong or will that class not work with the slider extra captions?  Also sometimes the button class is showing as button.btn sometimes a.btn somethimes just .btn.  What is the distinction between these?  

<a href="/what-we-do/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-ol-white">Learn More</button></a><a href="reach-us/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-ol-white btn-left"  link="/reach-us/">Get Started</button></a></div>

greenfly    230
greenfly

Great to hear you got that sorted. 

Each class is a way of assigning style to the button so each class has different style attached is that makes sense. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad+    80
jmad

I tried adding slider-btn to the class so it looked like this and was hoping the button would then scale in the slider without me writing the code. However it didn't work.  Did I do this wrong or will that class not work with the slider extra captions?

This method didn't make the buttons responsive.  Should it have?

jmad+    80
jmad

I know it's months later but I see this was resolved as I am working with slider now.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Is this now resolved, as your statement above doesn't make sense ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad+    80
jmad

yes

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, thanks.

Please search our forums, before posting!