Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawsonbarber

Blog Page CSS Different From Page and Post CSS

dawsonbarber

Any updates on this issue?

Danny

OK, as far as I can tell there appears to be a saving issue when your active page is a single post, which is rather odd. I have reported this to our tracker. Thanks for assisting in bringing this weird one to light.

You can view the ticket here - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/705

If you have anything to add, please feel free to post a comment, screenshots etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

dawsonbarber

Thanks for the update, Danny.

I've been talking with support at WP Engine about different style showing up when logged in vs logged out.

The problem started to affect the live site, as well (it seems like my domain is haunted).

They ended up creating a copy of the live site, which was still on DMS 1.1.8.

The copied site did not have any of the invalid CSS (this may or may not be important).

I updated the live site to DMS 2.0 (uploading, network-activating, and adding license key to the PageLines updater) made a couple of minor edits where styles didn't come over (font awesome and different class name/s for fixed header/nav) and everything is fine on the live copy site.

We learned during the process that the original deployment of that installation did not go smoothly:

• It was a single site installation (on a different host) that I opted to run multi site on when adding to WP Engine as part of migration (apparently, migrating a single site and opting for multi site guarantees problems, something that they should probably address in advance)
  • wp.config.php had some problematic lines
  • .htaccess was missing a key line (that was occasionally causing homepage to return an error)

Not sure which, if, in fact, any of these issues was behind the problem I was/am having, but since the copy of the live site - minus problematic CSS from the start - looks as it should, the answer may be there somewhere.

I think there was another thing or two that emerged but I can't recall what they were at the moment.

If/when they come back to me I will post them here in the hopes that they help lead to a conclusion about what went wrong.

In any case, it appears that I am all sorted out and it appears that the problem may have been a result of a problematic installation/deployment.

dawsonbarber

Relieved to be able to report that I updated the live site to DMS 2.0 and everything works as it should.

I think it's safe to conclude that the problem/s were the result of a somewhat rocky migration and installation.

greenfly

Good News - thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Plugins Active and installed: 
      Akismet Anti-Spam
      Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
      Contact Form 7
      Cookie Law Info
      DMS Professional Tools  
      Enhanced Media Library  
      Flamingo
      Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
      Google XML Sitemap
      Jetpack by WordPress.com
      Legull 
      Loginizer   
      MailChimp for WordPress
      PageLines Updater    
      Schema App Structured Data 
      Sucuri Security - Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening
      Uber reCaptcha    
      Yoast SEO
      Wordpress Version: 4.8.1
      Pagelines Version: 2.2.4

Good Evening/Afternoon or Morning, 
      I am running into a problem with CSS styling not applying inside of most browsers (Safari, Firefox) when I am logged in to wordpress, and all browsers that I have tested when I am logged off and the site has been made public (Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
      As a result, I have managed to identify the probable cause. It looks as though these browsers are refusing to render my sites compiled CSS file due to it being a HTTP URL rather than HTTPS.
      I have attempted to change this URL to HTTPS in my browser, however it brings back an ERROR: File not found page - https://www.shortfilmblog.com/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-core-1505847507.css
      What would you suggest in this regard? Would this be resolvable from your end?
      Happy to provide any further details required.
    • Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst" 
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Hi Pagelines team and wider community,
      I am looking to develop a single post page for my blog. I have read over an old article on the subject, however the link provided on achieving this goal was giving me security warnings. Is there any way I can get round this?
      Secondly, I have had a root around the .zip file provided on my sites backup, however was unable to locate any file in there with the name of Single.php. Does this file exist in the Pagelines theme?
      By the way, this is the unsafe article: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/ (Click at your peril).

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • wyo22ski
      By wyo22ski+
      Hello,

I'm basically a designer and understand a little on how to change CSS, etc., so please excuse my ignorance...  I recently upgraded to the newest platform from the DMS and my old DMS theme no longer functions.  I'm trying to replace the image slider that my Horizon Photography Theme (Nick Haskins) had created.  The Impulse image slider seemed the closest to what I need, but there are problems.
      It seems the the Impulse section for sliding images defaults to the image width, no the height.  I can change the Impulse stage height and width, but this does nothing to the internal content.  For instance, if I change the height to 200 pixels, the image remains the full width and only shows a cropped section.  I would like the ability to change the Impulse height, and have the image height fit space. 
      I've put this custom CSS in, but again, this only controls the stage height of Impulse:
      .pl-sn-impulse .pl-impulse-cell .cell-wrap, .pl-impulse-container, .owl-stage-outer {
        width: 100%;
      }

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks