Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrmiyamoto

Revo Slider Legacy Styling?

mrmiyamoto

Website URL: http://beta.animemovieguide.com
Framework Version: 2.0
WordPress Version: 3.8.1
Plugins in Use: many, not important
Server/Host: Midphase

Details:

Is there a way to get legacy styling from DMS1 for the revoslider?  The new fonts and lack of a transparent backing in DMS2 is significantly worse for my purposes than before.

Danny

Hi,

That styling has been removed as far as I am aware. However, you can use the Slide Extra Captions to add custom text and style it however you like. See the inline documentation below this option for more information.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrmiyamoto

Hi,

That styling has been removed as far as I am aware. However, you can use the Slide Extra Captions to add custom text and style it however you like. See the inline documentation below this option for more information.

Okay, this should maybe be a consideration going forward though.  Since DMS users are largely going to be using the default styling for such ubiquitous modules it's extremely bad practice to just up and completely replace it without legacy options every time a new major version comes out.

greenfly

Your concerns RE legacy options have been fed back to the developers. My understanding is that this update was created as the dev community and users in general wanted to customise the slider and other sections themselves rather than be forced to use the standard styling of the sections as they were. 

i will update you once i hear back on this 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

mrmiyamoto

Your concerns RE legacy options have been fed back to the developers. My understanding is that this update was created as the dev community and users in general wanted to customise the slider and other sections themselves rather than be forced to use the standard styling of the sections as they were. 

i will update you once i hear back on this 

Thanks.  I'd definitely rather have a lot more pre-made styling options than a heavier emphasis on custom CSS coding.  I'm a professional web programmer and could make it all from scratch with a text editor and an html file, but I use Wordpress and DMS (and understood that DMS exists primarily) because I'd rather not have to in some circumstances. 

I started using DMS because I wanted a simple, fast upgrade to the old StationPro theme I had on my site and was sad to see that PageLines had moved on to a framework-centric approach instead of selling individual themes.  While drag and drop is all well and good, if you're having to style it all manually anyways there really is no point to it and I'd rather just have it all together in one unchanging turnkey package like it was when I picked up StationPro a couple of years ago.

greenfly

Fee free to take the old rev slider from /themes/sections and use this in your child theme in DMS 2 if you want to use the old rev slider 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?