Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

s2member pro forms

KimAnn03

Hi- I know that s2member is not your responsibility, however I am wondering why the DMS theme shows their forms (generated by short code) in such a weird and disorganized way? This is my site....http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/subscribe

This is what the form looks like on a default wordpress theme:

http://www.s2member.com/kb/pro-forms/#using-pro-forms

Please advise if there is anything I can do? Looks like the credit card images and their selection don't show.

Kim

greenfly

Hello Kim-Ann

Could you try removing all your custom code and disabling all non-PageLines plugins to see if they are affecting the layout please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

I deactivated all plugins and also removed all custom code and the pro form stayed the exact same.

In case you want to see the shortcode:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$13.00 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dev.thecosmicpath.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="13.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$150.00 USD / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dev.thecosmicpath.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="150.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

KimAnn03

This is definitely a theme issue. I jsut remembered that on my Fast Secure Contact form (another plugin using shortcode) the captcha image won't work. See HERE. It doesn't show. Also this form was supposed to be right out the box usable but I had to add CSS in order for the fields to be big enough. Same with the s2member form....the form fields lack in horizontal width. Please advise this is a MAJOR fundtion of my site and we are due to launch in next few days and I can't launch without the s2member signup form.

greenfly

Try changing the shortcode for this 

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$13.00 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dev.thecosmicpath.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="13.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$150.00 USD / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="dev.thecosmicpath.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="150.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

The isue however is not with the 'theme' as you put it but with the content provided by the third party plugin. I would suggest also reporting this to the plugin developer and they know the code they may be able to suggest why this is happening. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

what about the captcha on the FS contact form. Now we're not just talking one plugin conflict but the same conflict across 2 different 3rd party plugins...which is why I deduced it down to a theme issue. Because the theme is mishandling images generated from 2 totally separate short codes from totally separate plugins. I would never assume it was a theme issue unless I had such evidence.

Also the short code you provided just makes 2 of the same form as before :/

greenfly

This still needs to be reported to the plugin dev's. they may be able to pinpoint exactly what in their code is not working or causing the issue, 

KimAnn03

I do have an email in to s2member, is there anything however on the DMS side that can or needs to be done?

greenfly

We can't change any code in DMS to accommodate style of a third party plugin not working and i can't possibly ask the dev's to do this/. 

If we can figure out what exactly 'code wise' isn't working we might be able to help with this. 

KimAnn03

Also you can see how the form looks on a simple wordpress theme (twenty thirteen):

IMAGE1

IMAGE2

greenfly

@kimann03 

Could you let us know the information included in the link you provided as it just loads a blank page on your site. 

KimAnn03

They provided me with this:

https://websharks.zendesk.com/attachments/token/x3zRSd7vcxgVudQG3HVyZyjcv/?name=2014-04-01_19-16-39.png

and said:

It looks like there are some files failing to load that s2Member depends on. I was unable to reproduce this in a default WP installation, so you might want to review this site for any theme/plugin conflicts.

I'm attaching a screenshot that could help you. I'd suggest using a developer console in Google Chrome or Firefox. That will allow you to investigate further.

(as i noted before i already tested for plugin conflicts and issue remained :( )

greenfly

The image points to errors being reported in the console. The errors are in the SL2 Plugin. the dev of the plugin would need to resolve these issues as they do not relate to the DMS system. 

You can see these errors yourself in Chrome by right clicking on your site and then 'inspect element > console 

The error reports that 

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=140328-140328-1471437365

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_css=1&qcABC=1&ver=140328-140328-1471437365

Are not found on the server (404) and related to content within http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/

Did they advise anything else in response to this or just provide a screenshot? 

KimAnn03

thanks martin . for clarification by sl2 plugin are you referring to the s2member plugin? Are you saying this is their issue? Or is it maybe a server issue? I am so lost i really appreciate your guidance and it's hard to deduce where the problem is NOT because everybody is pointing fingers :(.

thanks again.

greenfly

The issue is with their plugin - the error points to an issue in their plugin as per my previous update. 

The image points to errors being reported in the console. The errors are in the SL2 Plugin. the dev of the plugin would need to resolve these issues as they do not relate to the DMS system. 

You can see these errors yourself in Chrome by right clicking on your site and then 'inspect element > console 

The error reports that 

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_js_w_globals=1&qcABC=1&ver=140328-140328-1471437365

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?ws_plugin__s2member_css=1&qcABC=1&ver=140328-140328-1471437365

Are not found on the server (404) and related to content within http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/

Did they advise anything else in response to this or just provide a screenshot? 

Also 

This still needs to be reported to the plugin dev's. they may be able to pinpoint exactly what in their code is not working or causing the issue, 

KimAnn03

hi everyone...just wanted to tell you this was a server issue in the end. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot the theme side of things. Sometimes troubleshooting the things that the problem is not is the only way to get to the place where the problem actually is huh?

thanks!

James B

Hi Kim glad you managed to resolve, thank you for updating the thread.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?