Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhrose

Blog pages... in 2.0

dhrose

I just loaded the 2.0 version, and am looking at the changes to my test site... a couple questions?

1. I wanted to use the featured image for my flipper on the front page so I need that on some pages, is there a setting for not showing that in the content of some pages other than custom css: page i.d. and display: none...

2. Not sure if I can ask 2 questions (in one) here... but, my pagelines customization plugin css is showing (inactive) after I upgraded to 2.0? Hmmm...

greenfly

hello @dhrose 

Custom CSS is the best way to control this for specific pages. 

PageLines Customization plugin isn't needed for DMS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

dhrose

So any customizations go in the custom toolbar in the DMS editor? Can you still do a child theme with DMS 2.0… I've been using the customizations plugin up till now. Lot of changes in 2.0.

The thumbnail adjustments don't seem to be working on my existing posts? Do the thumbnail settings work on featured image… or am I confused about that? I can't seem to make any changes to the post images or layout… Er, looks likeI'm starting over. Ha!

Thanks!

greenfly

You can still use the Child themes as before. 

Danny made a bare bones child theme that might help https://github.com/Dannyholt/Skeleton

what are you trying to change with the thumbnail settings? Do you mean the standard WP settings for thumbnails? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

dhrose

Well, in wp/content loop the select thumb size it lists full, medium, thumb-landscape etc. But it's not changing the (featured) image when I refresh… am I'm thinking of Framework where those settings adjusted the feature image? Or do those apply to inline images??? 

dhrose

This is getting weird… all the the css I'm putting in "custom" is not saving… Very frustrating. Should I post this under another question, or are you going to answer this. I know what the css is and the page i.d. but the css keeps disappearing atet I add it...

greenfly

can you create an admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello @ pagelines dot com and we will take a look for you. 

dhrose

I sent the user account info to hello@pagelines.com

It's doing some strange stuff...

dhrose

Anything on this? I see other people are having problems with this issue also… My current site is in framework, but since I'm paying for dms I'd really like to actually use it. I tried creating a child theme but the mysterious code is still showing up so it must be dms is broken.

I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall… again.  

greenfly

Just got in.,. i iwll take a look and update you shortly 

greenfly

Could you remove the PageLines Sections plugin as this does not have any purpose in DMS and can cause problems 

Also, poppy, salebar and sabtext are the Framework versions of the plugins and will not work with DMS properly if at all so these would need to be removed

dhrose

I'll remove an report back… Thanks!

dhrose

I removed everything… still showing this evil code in custom on a page...

.page-id-837 .section-hero .pl-hero-wrap {
background-color: #e7e7d6;
padding: 30px;
border-radius: 10px;
}

h2.slider-text {
font-size:72px;
   line-height:86px;

}

Argghh… I'm seeing that in my sleep!

greenfly

No problem - let me know how you get on and i can take another look if need be 

dhrose

Hmmm… well it appears a rogue page was causing this to happen. I finally deleted the page and the mystery code has stopped displaying. I haven't added any other code yet to "custom" so I need to test further but it appears to be fixed for now. I noticed something strange that just started appearing… a cut off image of me is appearing on the login page (wp-admin)? Instead of the wordpress logo… What the! How would that have happened?

Thanks… There is an insane amount of new stuff in 2.0 so I guess I'm starting over again… Sigh.

greenfly

Wordpress changed the size of the login screen logo months ago. nothing to do with Pagelines that one i'm afraid. ;) 

Lot's of good stuff in DMS 2 

dhrose

So why is a cutoff picture of me appearing there? I did add the WP User Avatar plugin… might that be the cause?

greenfly

Not sure and the WP Avatar plugin is third party not created by PageLines. 

The Wp-admin page is WordPress fncitonality and would need to be reported at https://wordpress.org/support/

dhrose

Hmmm... I guess this issue hasn't been fixed. And you guys are working on it. But the custom code is still not working, and I noticed my blog page is going to the same post instead of the one I click on. Seems things are not working on an upgraded site? Maybe works on a fresh install... I hope you guys sort it out.

Thanks...

greenfly

The CSS issue is being worked on - i will update when this is resolved for you. 

dhrose

I just tested the new 2.0.1 and the styles appear to be working again... just added some custom css and it's still there when reopening... also the blog posts are coming up correctly. Nice. I was getting worried, I've got too much time into this to switch now... Ha!